What's new

Looking at the Acura TL/TL-S (1 Viewer)

Steve Zatkoff

Stunt Coordinator
Phil,
Glad to hear that your car is better and it was only a bad plug wire.
The Passat is using the same V6 2.8 liter engine as the Audi. I don't think VW is using the VR6 anymore. Shortly they will be announcing the WV8 in the Passat.
Paulo,
check out these VW forums www.vwvortex.com and www.clubb5.com for more information on the Passat. They really are great cars to drive.
Steve

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
So Peter, how's it going? Did you buy yet? I too am looking at the TL Type S wondering, how do you fit in it being 6'3"? I am 6'5". I will not have time to go shopping for new wheels until the holidays. I am a current Explorer owner, and really want to get out of the SUV and into something more sporty and powerful. (I have a family member who wants the Explorer and I will be giving it to him in exchange for him helping me pay for the car). The Tl/Type S is SWEEEEEET. Beautiful styling (IMHO) and all the bells and whistles for ~$33,000 that you would expect to pay $50,000 for.
Back to the headroom/legroom question, I was surprised to find out the TL has the exact same legroom as my explorer, but about an inch and a half less headroom. The bad thing is now I only have about 2 inches headroom in the Explorer...but I am kinda fat, and I figure that if I lose weight my butt will shrink and that will give me more headroom (I am glad to be losing anyway, wether I get that particular car or not).
I am looking too at the VW Passat GLX, but it has less headroom and legroom than the Acura, a MAJOR drawback for me...
Any sugestions?
------------------
jsb.jpg-thumb_122_91.jpg

Jay and Silent Bob in
CLERKS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks