Looking at Denon AVR-1913

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by David+H, Mar 31, 2013.

1. David+H

David+H Extra

I am looking for a new AVR to replace a Denon AVR-5803. The 5803 was a gift from my Dad so I am not looking at spending that kind of money. I am running a couple Directv boxes, PS3, Wii, BluRay, and a WD Live Hub. My TV is a Pioneer Kuro Pro 60". For the price range of the 1913 are there any other options I should consider? Also suggestions on where to purchse? Crutchfield has it at $399 and thats as good a price as I see anywhere. I can get it at the same price at my local Best Buy but I am not in that much of a hurry so dont mind waiting for a few days with Crutchfield's free shipping.

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    A4L has it for $330, shipping included.

3. David+H

David+H Extra

I am not real familiar with A4L until discoering it here today. Looks like the unit they have at 330 is Factory Refurb with a one year warranty, not sure if the $60 savings is worth getting a used unit and loosing a year of warranty. How reliable is equipment from A4L?

4. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Refurb does not mean used.Typically refurb is nothing more than a return. Amazon has warehouse deals for $387. Those are still "new in box".