What's new

Look what I'm getting tomorrow (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yep, that's definitely a problem. When you get nice gear, bad recordings do become very obvious. They're bigger than they looked in the original pics. They look even nicer.

Tim Stumpf

Stunt Coordinator
John, I think the stands make them look bigger. But, I don't care how big they are really, they put out a big sound. They are at perfect ear level when I'm in my recliner with my eyes closed.:) I'm actually surprised more folks are not interested in the drivers, performance etc. I guess (warning, cynical comment) that Salk is not one of the "usual suspects" speaker companies so people may think I'm crazy for taking a chance on an unknown brand. Or, just plain not interested.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
I don't think there is an issue with the size!

1.) Who cares, we are home theater geeks and big is OK.
2.) With the sort of finish those speakers are in, I'll take a HOUSE made like them :D
3.) Usually, bigger speakers (bigger internal volume) give you deeper bass. Anything wrong with that?

Very cool. Enjoy.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I don't think they look too big at all. They're a bit larger than what I'm using, but not huge or anything. I'd spend more time looking at the veneer and the size wouldn't bug me at all :) At least they cover the whole top plate, unlike mine.

Tim Stumpf

Stunt Coordinator
John what brand are your bookshelves? They look nice as well. Are yours anchored to the stands at all? Mine are just sitting on top. The stands come with spikes for the top plate, but I could not bring myself to install them since I thought I'd scratch the hell out of the bottoms of the cabinets. I was looking around in Wally World for some rubber feet type things to keep the speakers from moving around on the platform. I didn't think you were commenting on the HT1s as being too big.. just bigger than your initial impression from the original pics, correct?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Those are GR Research A/V-2s, built by Link Removed. I've got 3 of those up front and A/V-1s for surrounds. I'm very happy with all of them.

The interesting thing is, I think GR is using the same or a very similar ribbon tweeter in their Criterion and Diluceo speakeres as the Salks.

I just have them sitting on top too, with some thin (1/16") 3M foam rubber insulation. They weigh quite a bit so they aren't going anywhere :) The spike locations are just a tiny bit too far apart to use with these speakers, but I couldn't do that either anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks