What's new

Longshot WTB: 1 3/4-inch cone tweeter from CSW speaker (1 Viewer)

Michael.Cu

Agent
The tweeter in one of my CSW Model Six speakers was recently destroyed so I'd like to purchase a replacement. I contacted CSW, but was told that I would have to send the speaker in for repair since they don't sell replacement drivers. The cost is a little too steep for a pair of ~6 year old speakers that cost 150.00/pr. I know the tweeter was used in a few other speakers and I'm hoping someone might have one. Thanks.:)

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Hey Michael what exactly did they say.The warranty is supposed to be for 10 years?

I live in Massachusettes and not to far from the outlet.
What other models were the tweeters used in.

Have you tried looking at their auctions on ebay

How much would a new pair cost.

Get back to me maybe I can somehow help you.

Signed,
Ed O'Neill

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
I've seen plenty of the refurb'd CSW Model Six's go for around $90 plus s&h. Maybe you could get a new pair and sell the messed up ones on ebay if it's not covered under warranty. I'd guess you'd get around $30-$35, maybe this would come close to the price of the tweeters or cheaper than sending them in.

Michael.Cu

Agent
I was told that because it was physical damage(the speaker fell and landed on one of my kid's spill-proof cups:frowning: ) to the tweeter it wouldn't be covered under the warranty. They wanted 50.00 to replace the tweeter plus shipping both ways of course. I've been looking at hifi.com's eBay auctions daily hoping to run across a pair of refurbed Model Sixes, but no luck so far. The tweeter was also used in 2 of their center channel speakers and at least one of their older "Ensemble" speakers(though I don't remember which one, ATM). Thanks for the suggestions guys.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks