What's new

long subwoofer cables (1 Viewer)

John Menoni

Stunt Coordinator
I need my subwoofer cables to be about 45 feet in length. I see that it is very hard to find a quality cable that is that long and is a good quality. Am I better off using two 25 footers and combining them with an adapter?

Thanks

John Menoni

John Menoni

Stunt Coordinator
I also want to eventually add a second subwoofer to my outlaw audio 950 pre-amp. Should I look for a really long y-cable?

Thanks,

John Menoni

Gerry S

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like you need a custom job. There are custom cable makers around that will build a cable to your specs. I have this one bookmarked:

http://www.heartlandcables.com/

I've never purchased from them, but probably will in the future.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
You can just get long coax cables and terminate them yourself, really cheap, the other common advice is to get long, really cheap coax that comes terminated with F-type connectors, then get little F->RCA adapter plugs and you're good to go. You shouldn't need to get one giant long Y cable, just get one of those short adapters for at the receiver, and run two long cables off of that. Subwoofer signals are very easy to transmit, so the cable quality and connection quality is not that big an issue as it would be if this were, say, video. Any cheapie coax, even run a long way, will be more than adequate for a sub connection.

John Menoni

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info fellas!:) I found a 2 in 1 cable from cinemacables.com for a good price. I am just going to go ahead and use that.

John Menoni

Stunt Coordinator
I was all set to pay 112+ bucks on the cable from cinema cables and then I started looking around. I found the same set up that Chris and Neil used for $67.00. I decided to go with that plan. The M&K people told me that exotic subwoofer cable isn't worth it. Basically anything is good. Thanks for saving me a few bucks fellas. :D

WayneLVS

Grip
I can build custom cables in any length you need with rca ends crimped on........no adaptors

See my thread "monster component video cables - custom lenghts" for info on the cable and connectors i use

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks