What's new

long sub run (1 Viewer)

Matt Weldy

Second Unit
is 50 ft to long of a subwoofer run. Also is 50 is not to long and I can only find shorter cables how many in line rca connectors are two many ( I was thinking of using two) one to make the cable long enough and one to connect it into a wall plate.

Thanks

Scott Page

Stunt Coordinator
50 feet should be ok. You can have custom made cables made to your specs at reasonable prices at bettercables.com (highly recommended supplier). Rather than use a wall plate, why not just use a blank plate with a hole drilled big enough to pass the cable connector?

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Matt: Coax tends to be rated by how well it handles high/video frequencies using 100 feet of cable. 50 feet of cable for subwoofer frequencies should not be a problem.

Go down and buy 75 feet of CATV coax. Use RG6 and put RCA plugs on the ends. You can either put the plugs on directly, or put "F" connectors and "F-to-RCA" adaptors available from Radio Shack.

I second the idea of blank wallplates with a hole drilled through it. Cheap, simple, and you can always add a wall plate with a RCA barrel connector later. Just make sure to pull several extra feet to allow you to move the sub around until you find the final "home". Then cut the cable to an exact fit.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
To further eloborate on Bob's suggestion, I'd use Quad-shield RG6 Coax cable (you can buy the parts and crimper at Home Depot).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks