What's new

Lone Ranger - S1 & S2 on 11/11/08! (1 Viewer)

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Just watched several more episodes today and am thankful i bit the bullet on the price and bought this great set. I've never seen these episodes look better and it has been a blast revisiting them these last few months.

As for going out of print, perhaps they are going to issue bare-bones sets for Season 1 (and perhaps Season 2) at much lower price points. Should those sell well, in combination with sales for this set, it could enhance our chances of getting several more seasons released.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I was just at Sam's Club today, and they have a ton of these sets. I believe the price is $73.88.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
If you look at the rest of the list of discontinued and out of print titles, it looks like the whole Classic Media catalog is on it. This must be some internal book keeping thing or maybe Classic Media is changing distributors.

I can't believe they are getting out of the DVD business. What else could they do with their properties? Infinity is re-releasing S1 of Classic Media's Sergeant Preston, so that must mean the Critic's Choice sets must have sold well enough to keep them in print, with Infinity.

If Classic Media continues with the Lone Ranger, I wonder if they will continue with the John Hart episodes or the next batch of Clayton Moore's?
Or maybe jump to the full color season??

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

That's for sure. At first I hesitated on this set since I wasn't sure if this one would stand the test of time for me after watching this show as a kid. It has done that and more. I've gone through 2 discs so far. That's fast-tracking on a TV/DVD set for me :laugh:

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
Bumping to note a price drop on "The Lone Ranger 75th Anniversary Collector's Edition." Now listed at $56.76 at DVD Planet and $59.81 at Deep Discount. The latter carries their "price bite" logo, so I think this is more than temporary. I'm going to wait until next month.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
With a new Lone Ranger movie coming in 2010(reportedly George Clooneyb as The Lone Ranger, and Johnny Depp as Tonto) I'm wondering if seasons 3-5 will be released around that time frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks