Logitech Z680 hiss addressed

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by EricTownsend, Mar 12, 2003.

1. EricTownsend

EricTownsend Stunt Coordinator

This is also posted in http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...47#post1410122
    but with a different subject line. I figured I would post this here for those who just browse subject lines.

Logitech does have a fix for the hiss problem and they have admitted the problem, just not publicly.
    Here is the link this came from and what to do:

http://gear.ign.com/articles/383/383537p1.html

2. EricTownsend

Here is the response I received from Logitech... It is good news:

3. EricTownsend

OK. I re-contacted Logitech armed with this information. I was told they are indeed changing out pods but do not have them in stock until the beginning of April. I was given a reference number to my open problem ticket and told to call back in early April. They asked if the serial number on the bottom of any of my speakers started with 900. It did. So, now I just have to wait for the part.
    *The tech inadvertently mentioned Logitech does not have a official written policy for the techs to follow for these returns, so I suspect that is more cause for the delay than being "out of stock". We'll see.

4. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

Eric:

Good to hear your problem is being taken care of! [​IMG]

5. Mike Up

Mike Up Second Unit

I didn't know logitech dealt with home theater and home audio products.

What is this Z680?

Thanks.

6. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Computer speakers

[​IMG]

7. EricTownsend

They really sound fantastic. Currently they have one glaring challange: Hiss coming from all speakers at all times. The hiss is loud enough to be distracting. They have FINALLY fess'd up and will replace the control pod for free to fix this. They tell me the new units shipped are all OK. For a medium sized room, these really are great. I use them for both PC gaming and HT since they have optical and coax (RCA) digital inputs. All for $300!
    -Eric

8. Matt

Matt Extra

I just picked up mine for $219 (including $30 headphones and free shipping) from Dell. I got in on an amazing deal. Now I have the old Z-560's to get rid of.

From what I have heard, the Z-680's are pretty nice and I will find out pretty soon if it is true. I always considered the Z-560's good computer speakers but that is it. Now I should be able to enjoy music in my computer room. Cranking up the HT system two rooms away just didn't seem the best solution. [​IMG]

Matt