What's new

Logitech z-5500 Question (1 Viewer)

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
Hello Group-

I'm totally new to this, and hopefully will be able to gain some knowledge by hanging around & reading, as well as soliciting some advice along the way. I just finished installing my Z5500 system, and am wondering about the volume level. Perhaps due to the size of the room (40x40), it seems that the volume is adequate, but not "impressive".

I've only run it from the auxiliary input so far (via Ipod). I'm hoping once I get a PC hooked up to it with a decent sound card, I'll be able to adjust & fine tune the sound a bit more.

IF I were to obtain additional satellite speakers to share the same outputs on the Subwoofer, how do you suppose that would affect the volume, and would it have a negative affect on the system?

What options might I have to get that additonal volume, or am I just asking this system to do too much, considering the size of the room?

Thanks!

MaxL

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Max Levine
am i to understand that the room is a 40 foot by 40 foot square? if so, that room is huge and, not at all what your speaker system was intended to fill. it was intended for a small office, bedroom, studio or dorm setup, likely with a pc. a room that size would be hard to fill with loud, quality sound, especially bass with a system that cost less than $1000 for speakers and sub and even above that price it could be challenging.

if i understand you correctly, you are asking too much of the system and adding satellites in the manner you are suggesting is not a good idea.

please confirm your room size and what you're wanting or expecting from your system.

thanks.

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
Yes, that is the room size. It is a garage, and although it is insulated, I realize that I am not going to be able to obtain a great sound, I'm more concerned about getting adequate volume. It is not a dedicated theater space, but rather more of a multi-purpose area, where the guys can get together and watch football, etc.

As the system is already purchased & installed, I'm looking forward to working with what I have.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks