What's new

Logan's Run? (1 Viewer)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
AndyMcKinney said:
I'm not so sure you're even right about that. For years, I've heard that the last three episodes aired only on the East Coast, but not on the West Coast (or maybe just part of one coast did/didn't get them). There's a lot of conflicting information out there.
I think you're wrong, Bryan. Before I saw them on TNT, I had multi-generation copies taped from CBS, and there were no missing scenes in the TNT episodes, as I had watched the CBS copies enough times to have been able to spot a missing scene if there had been one. The only things missing from the TNT showings are mid-episode bumpers, and "scenes from next week's show" which are almost always cut for syndication anyway. The TNT episodes also never used the shorter version of the opening titles (I think that was just used for CBS reruns). The TNT ones even had the opening scenes intact, which I found to be a pleasant surprise.
If there is a variation in runtimes versus the DVDs, then perhaps the TNT episodes were slightly time-compressed... Regardless, they weren't edited (as a self-confessed 'tape trader', I was really picky about edits and could spot them a mile away if I was aiming to replace a poor quality copy with a fresh new one. They were uncut).
I'll happily retire those 20-year-old tapes now, though!
I guess the only way to know for sure is to compare side by side :)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
AndyMcKinney said:
I'm not so sure you're even right about that. For years, I've heard that the last three episodes aired only on the East Coast, but not on the West Coast (or maybe just part of one coast did/didn't get them). There's a lot of conflicting information out there.
I think you're wrong, Bryan. Before I saw them on TNT, I had multi-generation copies taped from CBS, and there were no missing scenes in the TNT episodes, as I had watched the CBS copies enough times to have been able to spot a missing scene if there had been one. The only things missing from the TNT showings are mid-episode bumpers, and "scenes from next week's show" which are almost always cut for syndication anyway. The TNT episodes also never used the shorter version of the opening titles (I think that was just used for CBS reruns). The TNT ones even had the opening scenes intact, which I found to be a pleasant surprise.
If there is a variation in runtimes versus the DVDs, then perhaps the TNT episodes were slightly time-compressed... Regardless, they weren't edited (as a self-confessed 'tape trader', I was really picky about edits and could spot them a mile away if I was aiming to replace a poor quality copy with a fresh new one. They were uncut).
I'll happily retire those 20-year-old tapes now, though!
Be careful. If you actually collected before the start of the TV on DVD phase came about a few years ago, you have a "holier than thou attitude". The prior 30 years of collecting aren't to be discussed here as they are offensive to all of the people who didn't do it!!!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
David Weicker said:
I know I haven't seen Fantastic Journey since its initial run (ok, possibly an episode or movie-length sometime afterwards, but its been at least a few decades). You mention 'tuning fork'. I don't recall that as part of the show (faulty memory). If it was part of the show, was it used by Jared Martin? That would be strange, because he used a tuning fork to concentrate in War Of The Worlds.
David
Fantastic Journey ran quite a few times on SciFi along with a number of other short run series like Invisible Man, The Magician, The Immortal, Something is Out There, Kolchak and several others.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
David Weicker said:
I know I haven't seen Fantastic Journey since its initial run (ok, possibly an episode or movie-length sometime afterwards, but its been at least a few decades). You mention 'tuning fork'. I don't recall that as part of the show (faulty memory). If it was part of the show, was it used by Jared Martin? That would be strange, because he used a tuning fork to concentrate in War Of The Worlds.
David
No, that was Jared Martin in Fantastic Journey! He played a lead role in War of the Worlds, but no tuning fork.
In FJ he played Varian, a man from the 23rd century. The "tuning fork" was a device that allowed him to concentrate his mental energies and it could be used for healing - and other things.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Neil Brock said:
Fantastic Journey ran quite a few times on SciFi along with a number of other short run series like Invisible Man, The Magician, The Immortal, Something is Out There, Kolchak and several others.
Spider-Man, Planet of The Apes,The 1991 Dark Shadows, Otherworld, The Time Express,Darkroom were also in the rotation. I'm sure i'm forgetting a couple as well.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
DeWilson said:
Spider-Man, Planet of The Apes,The 1991 Dark Shadows, Otherworld, The Time Express,Darkroom were also in the rotation. I'm sure i'm forgetting a couple as well.
If we're talking the "Series Collection" slot on the US channel, here are some more that I can recall in addition to your and Neil's lists: Moonbase 3, The Phoenix, Gemini Man, The Prisoner (which also aired outside of the slot after the "Series Collection" slot died), Hammer House of Horror (with the original series title caption/copyright replaced by a computer-generated one for some odd reason), Future Cop, Manimal, Mann & Machine, Space Rangers, She-Wolf of London, Stephen King's Golden Years, Nightmare Cafe, Probe and Automan.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
AndyMcKinney said:
If we're talking the "Series Collection" slot on the US channel, here are some more that I can recall in addition to your and Neil's lists: Moonbase 3, The Phoenix, Gemini Man, The Prisoner (which also aired outside of the slot after the "Series Collection" slot died), Hammer House of Horror (with the original series title caption/copyright replaced by a computer-generated one for some odd reason), Future Cop, Manimal, Mann & Machine, Space Rangers, She-Wolf of London, Stephen King's Golden Years, Nightmare Cafe, Probe and Automan.
Yeh, forgot about some of those.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i have completed watching Logan's run and i am ok with the quality of the sets. It has been so long that i actually forgot about the show. I was only 9 years old when the show came out and their were many episodes i did not see as i had to share the TV with my brothers. I like the carousel, man out of time and the pilot movies as my favorite episodes. I also like the episode with a young/beautiful Lisa Eilbacher as person with ESP.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am a huge sci-fi fan ever since I was a kid. Logan's Run was one of my favourite movies growing up as such I love the tv series. I have the TV series in my dvd collection as such I watched all the episodes again after nearly 30 years. I do not remember all the episodes as such some of the episodes were like I seen them for the first time! It is too bad they did not complete the series, especially on finding sanctuary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks