What's new

Logan (Wolverine 3) - March 3, 2017 (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Hugh Jackman has tweeted the official title for the third solo Wolverine film, directed by James Mangold:

http://comicbook.com/2016/10/05/wolverine-3-official-title-revealed-by-hugh-jackman/

And a poster:

upload_2016-10-5_12-34-52.png

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
For a guy who's not supposed to age much, old Wolvie sure has gotten old over the last 16 years! :D

Glad to see Mangold back - I liked "The Wolverine" quite a lot!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I also liked The Wolverine a lot, so I'm glad to see this coming.

I guess "Logan" is closer to "Old Man Logan," the movie's supposed story line (about which I know nothing). I preferred the rumored title of "Weapon X."

I'm a little concerned of its R rating - I'm of the opinion that comic book movies need not get that dark or violent.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I really liked "The Wolverine", though it faltered a bit with the change of tone for the climax. Still really enjoyable though.

So I have high hopes for this. My main reservation is that I'm not a huge fan of plot lines involving powered people losing their powers. The rumors have this involing an aging/sick Logan who's healing factor is giving out. So I have my concerns, especially since The Wolverine already dealt with this. Though that was artificial and this is more likely to be just the inevitability of time finally catching up with Logan. But the most important thing isn't "what" it's about, it is "how" it's about it. So hopefully Mangold crafts something powerful with what is going to be Jackman's last appearance
as Wolverine (and possible the last appearance of the character in the Fox films as well).

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I really liked "The Wolverine", though it faltered a bit with the change of tone for the climax. Still really enjoyable though.

So I have high hopes for this. My main reservation is that I'm not a huge fan of plot lines involving powered people losing their powers. The rumors have this involing an aging/sick Logan who's healing factor is giving out. So I have my concerns, especially since The Wolverine already dealt with this. Though that was artificial and this is more likely to be just the inevitability of time finally catching up with Logan. But the most important thing isn't "what" it's about, it is "how" it's about it. So hopefully Mangold crafts something powerful with what is going to be Jackman's last appearance
as Wolverine (and possible the last appearance of the character in the Fox films as well).

I agree with everything you said. The first two-thirds of The Wolverine were really great, but I was amazed at how I almost completely lost interest in the end when it became "Wolverine fights a giant robot" - the ending was boring in every way possible, visually, thematically, etc.

I also hope that the storyline isn't yet another retread of Logan losing his healing factor.

I really hope this feels like a new and different story, that compliments what's come before without repeating too much. And I'd love it if they didn't have one of those go-for-broke-everything-louder-than-everything-else kind of climaxes that The Wolverine had. Of recent blockbuster type movies, I can't quite think of another movie that had me so invested in the beginning and middle, and lost my attention so quickly in the end. I've rewatched it probably half a dozen times since it came out in theaters, and each time when it starts, I say to myself that it's actually much better than I remember, and then the ending comes along and I remember why I don't like it as much.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I really liked the Wolverine but I'm not too sure about this one yet. I've heard about the comic it is based on, need to see a trailer to see how it looks. Those posters look good though.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I'm a little concerned of its R rating - I'm of the opinion that comic book movies need not get that dark or violent.

They've announced it'll definitely be "R"? I think that's a GOOD thing. "R" is illogical for Spider-Man or Superman but appropriate for Wolverine...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My main reservation is that I'm not a huge fan of plot lines involving powered people losing their powers. The rumors have this involing an aging/sick Logan who's healing factor is giving out. So I have my concerns, especially since The Wolverine already dealt with this. Though that was artificial and this is more likely to be just the inevitability of time finally catching up with Logan. But the most important thing isn't "what" it's about, it is "how" it's about it. So hopefully Mangold crafts something powerful with what is going to be Jackman's last appearance
While it does feel a bit redundant to the plot of "The Wolverine", his healing factor has to be impaired in some fashion if they're going to tell an "Old Man Logan" story; he's been the same age for hundreds of years at this point, so there's no reason he would age even a hundred years from now unless his healing factor was no longer as efficient.

I'm excited at the prospect of an end story in a genre that's all about creating possibilities for franchise expansion.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
My guess is that it is the final film for Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine. So it makes sense to me to tell the story of the old Logan.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
My guess is that it is the final film for Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine.

Yeah, they've officially announced that it will be his last turn - the question is, is this "last last" or is this "Sean Connery Never Say Never Again" last? Either way, I'm in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks