What's new

Locking power button on TOS 50H82? (1 Viewer)

Scott Miller

Agent
Initial search couldn't find anything...
Have a Toshiba 50H82, you can "lock" all of the front panel buttons EXCEPT for the power button. Well, my one year old can't seem to escape the allure of that button. Real fun to watch TV when you have to keep getting off the couch to snatch that little feller away from the button!
Anyone know of a way to disable the power button as well? Guess I could pull off the screen and just disable a cable? Anything easier than that through some sort of service menu?

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Nope ... nothing in the service menu that does that.

Tape over the buttons so that he can't see the button anymore.

(Squeeze arms really hard to make the right impression ... button = pain. :) Not that I advocate violence. )

Regards

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
If you pull off the front cloth panel, a few more screws will get the front control panel off. Then just pull the connector that goes to the TV (it'll be pretty obvious.

I'm pretty sure the TV will function normally with this disconnected, but I can't say I've ever tried it.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
What we do a lot is cover over the buttons with a piece of (usually) black plex. Sometimes it's bent a little; other times it'll be etched a bit to 'nest' a little better.

Some recent installations have a 1/8" steel plate over them...

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks