What's new

Living Single (1 Viewer)

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
Finally, Warner Brothers is bring out the good shows on box set and I can't wait until February of 2006 to add this one into my collection...

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
It's about time this show came out. Queen Latifah is playing for the majors, so to speak, so you would've thought this would have already been out by now. Oh well, at least it's coming. :emoji_thumbsup:

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
I started bouncing in my seat when I read this. I'm so excited! Warner, PLEASE release all seasons! :D

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I am very excited for this! Remember the 2 hour block on Thursdays?

Martin, Living Single, and New York Undercover? Any word on ever getting Martin or New York Undercover? (been watching the show on TV1 lately and it brings back memories. :)

Ryan

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
great news!! now let's keep our fingers crossed that Kim Fields' OTHER series comes to DVD in 2006 as well.

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
I was excited about it when I got it in my e-mail and I hope they release all of the seasons. I do remember that block on thursday nights. Martin, The Facts of Life & New York Undercover are high on my future list. Sony probably doing to wait for a very long time to announce The Facts of Life but I wish they will release it in 2006...

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

lol, it hasn't been a very long time already? I've been holding out for an announcement for that since the days when X-Files and Sex And The City were the only shows out.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I'd want at least the first couple of seasons of this. I think the show went down in quality and originality as it went along. It had a nice, fresh premise when it started but eventually became predictable like most sitcoms, unfortunately. But that cast was fabulous.

For people who are curious, the show was cancelled after Synclaire's wedding episode which was the fourth season finale. Fox then needed a replacement series the next season and LS was rushed back into production for 13 more episodes. A bit of an anti-climax but then one never can get enough of Latifah, can one ?

"keep ya head up . . . "

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I don't think I ever saw the last 13 episodes. I vaguely remember that wedding as being the last thing I saw. I even have a "music video" and MP3 of the song that Kyle and Khadijah sing at the wedding.

That lineup triggered a lot of TV talk at the time. A few things I remember said (I can't vouch for truth), is that "Friends" was a result of NBC trying to get a "mainstream" show to compete with Living Single. I also remember lots of talk about how the ratings in black families and larger audiences were so different. The ratings for Living Single were quite bad in the grand scheme of things, but for black families, it was the #1 or #2 show (I forget if it was above Martin).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks