"Little Shop of Horrors" 1986

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by GMpasqua, Aug 13, 2011.

1. GMpasqua

GMpasqua Screenwriter

Greg
    "Little Shop of Horrors" turns 25 this year - so where's the blu-ray? Warner Bros loves their anniversary dates and 25 is a big one. So where is this cult favorite?

And what about the original ending that was re-filmed? "Little Shop" was to open in the summer of 86, but preview audiences thought the ending was a downer so the cast was called back to shoot an upbeat and shorter ending. Most of the film's 25 Million dollar budget was spent on the original ending's special effects - yet David Geffen hasn't allowed the public to view this ending.

The 1st DVD had part of the original ending - in black and white - but that disc was recalled right after it was released and went for big bucks on ebay

On blu-ray a short film like "Little Shop" could easily give the viewer the option of watching the original or theatrical ending - so WB what are you waiting for 2012?

WB just announced "Three Amigos" not as popular but also turning 25, so "Little Shop" seems like an obvious release - perfect timing

2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    I still have that original DVD with the work print of the original ending. Geffen implied that he had the complete footage in color, and was upset that the poor-quality black & white footage was released without his knowledge. I think it's time to see the color footage, even if the effects are not complete.

3. Derek M Germano

Derek M Germano Second Unit

Definitely put me down for a copy on Blu-ray. The music could sound killer in DTS-MA, hopefully it will be carefully re-mastered when LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS finally comes to Blu-ray (which I hope will be soon).

4. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

If they do indeed have the complete color alternate ending, they could put it on the blu-ray with a branching option. When you start the movie it could ask you "If you want to see Seymour and Audrey die, Click here!" or something to that effect :D

5. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Cinematographer
    Supporter

Can a moderation merge the two threads: See this thread: 3752280 http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/305942/little-shop-of-horrors-musical-blu-ray-any-hopes-for-the-full-color-alternate-ending#post_3752280