What's new

Little Miss Sunshine to street 12/19 (1 Viewer)

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Davis DVD and DVD Active both have the news that 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment has just announced Little Miss Sunshine for release on 12/19. It will be presented in anamorphic 2.35:1 widescreen and Dolby 5.1. Extras have yet to be announced, but Davis DVD and DVD Active both have the cover art up.

Can't wait. Hopefully will get a commentary track from the directors plus both the teaser and theatrical trailers. Both those trailers made the movie worth seeing.

MatS

Screenwriter
already knew about the date but like I said elsewhere
best movie of the year
can't wait to add it to the collection on release day

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Specs have been revealed.

The film will be presented on a flipper disc containing both anamorphic 2.35:1 widescreen and full screen transfers, and both will have Dolby 5.1 soundtracks.

Extras will be:

*Audio Commentary by directors Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Ferris and writer Michael Arndt
*Four Alternate Endings with optional commentary by the directors
*Music Video for Devotchka's "Til the End of Time"
*Trailers

Not a lot, but interested in seeing the alternate endings. The Devotchka music video is excellent. I saw it on YouTube while the movie was out in theatres, and I'm glad to see it on the DVD.

Yes, I feel bad that there won't be more. I thought that maybe there would be a making-of featurette, but maybe the commentary will do a better job, although judging from all recent films, I probably wouldn't count on it.

Also, why the full screen transfer. It's going to be cropped as hell, so what's the point?

MatS

Screenwriter
I don't need the fullscreen side but I won't be bothered by it as I just won't flip the disc over

not sure what defines a WM crowd as I'm not a big fan of that retailer but the audience I saw it with was a much older crowd than I am used to seeing at the cinema... from what I know a few older people do shop at WM

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
In case anyone is curious, this movie
RULES!!!!!

I went and saw it twice during its theatrical run, and I never, i mean never, do that anymore.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Didn't know that. I always assumed that it was Panavision because the film's trailers and TV spots were both presented 2.35:1 letterbox.

I actually saw this film four times in the theater. The first time was at a free screening while on vacation in Arizona and I got to meet Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Ferris after a Q&A session. They were very nice people and they loved the fact that I was well aware of the movie before that screening.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
pq is not good.

lots of ringing and is a bit murky for inside scenes

Jace_A

Second Unit
I agree about the pic quality. At first I thought it was simply a case of watching the DVD immediately after viewing Devil Wears Prada on Blu-Ray, but I tried again yesterday on two different DVD players on 2 displays and it's pretty ordinary with a lot of ringing. Perhaps a dual layer DVD instead of a useless pan and scan version on the flip side would have improved things. Seriously, this film is hardly going to appeal to the P&S crowd.

MatS

Screenwriter
sadly I think WM is in play here regarding the p&s version on the flip side
As I understand they are bringing in quantity on this title and will have an exclusive 5 song ep as a value add

being my most anticipated dvd of the year it is sad to hear about pq issues

also wondering if there might not be a re-issue right around the Oscars repackaged with nomination/win info

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
This went from a definite buy to a no buy for me. I refuse to support flipper releases. End of story. :frowning:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
First, it has been said the picture quality suffers. Second, from what I understand, you have to physically flip the disc to get to some extras. Third, I always have issues figuring out which side should go up. Fourth, double sided discs get scratched entirely too easily no matter how gentle you are with them.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
My issue is with both of them. I will not support a release-no matter what it is-that gets a double sided disc. Similarly, I would not pick up any recent movie that has this many problems with the PQ.

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

So if the movie is only 90 minutes long and doesn't require a dual layer disc, you STILL won't buy it?

That sounds pretty extreme...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks