What's new

Blu-ray Review Little House on the Prairie: Season One Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Yeah, I thought the same thing John did...some unintentional alternate meanings in those captions!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Has anyone had any problems with these discs?

4 of 5 discs won't load in my player. A Panasonic SC-BT300.

I tried some discs from Season 2 and 1 of 2 didn't load at all.

I had similar problems recently with the BOND 50 set. Live and Let Die wouldn't load.

I bought this player in '09, never have problems with it until recenty.

I updated firmware earlier this year.

I'm wondering if I need to clean it or replace. I've never cleaned one... hum... can anyone recommend a cleaner? :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not me James.

I've watched all of Season 1 and 2 and am part of the way through season 3 with no problems.

Since you've done the firmware thing, I got nothin' for ya.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
James, I had the same issues with my last DVD player (which was about 3 years old). When I bought a new blu-ray player about a year ago, I also bought a cleaning disc and so far have had no issues. Hope it works for you!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
It's funny, I don't think I've had a single DVD mess up on this player. It's all blus. I got It's always sunny Season 8 blu and Louie Season 1 blu, neither disc 1 from those would load.

I ordered an Endust cleaner disc. If that don't work I'll be getting a new player. I've been wanting to see Sunny season 8 for about 4 months, waiting for a sale!

I'm about 99% sure Little House is fine. So I'm not even going to worry about it. (Edit) well, all discs worked fine on mom's player. And my disc from Little House does have the subtitles problem. So I'll get that exchanged. and btw, mom was also very impressed with the quality of the transfers on this. Their setup isn't the best showplace, but it did look great.

EDIT: 12/23 the cleaner disc did nothing. After a call to Panny's customer service my player stopped playing anything. The "fixes" just flung it over the edge I think. I picked up a cheap Sony E3100. The sound isn't powerful, it's clear and audible enough, just lesser than the Panny's 7.1. It does play blu rays and DVDs a little smoother than the Panny. It can do 3D but I don't have the TV for it. It's has a few other things not on the Panny. For $250 I figure it will be good for a few years and I'll build me something better hopefully and just avoid these HTiaB things.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Mr. Handley said:
James, I had the same issues with my last DVD player (which was about 3 years old). When I bought a new blu-ray player about a year ago, I also bought a cleaning disc and so far have had no issues. Hope it works for you!
The cleaner unfortunately didn't work. So I ended up getting a Sony for a quick fix. The E3100. I'll build a theater with help from HTF in the faaar future. But this Sony isn't bad for now. It works, with a quirk or 2. Lesser sound power than the panny's 7.1 but it's clear. Sounds nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks