What's new

Blu-ray Review Little House on the Prairie: Season One Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Konstantinos:

I have just sent the following e-mail. Thanks for supplying the e-mail address. I will post back here when I receive a response:
Hello Lionsgate!

I have been making my way through your spectacular Blu-ray release of Season 1 of Little House on the Prairie and have been really enjoying the high picture quality of this release.

But I have run into a problem.

On disc #4, episode #16 titled “Family Quarrel” has a problem with it’s subtitles. That episode, for some reason, has the very same titles used in the preceding episode (#15 “Christmas at Plum Creek”).

Do you know if there are any plans for this error to be corrected and for replacement discs to be issued?

Thank you! And I am very much looking forward to the upcoming release of LHotP: Season 2 in high definition!

Mike Frezon

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Mike Frezon said:
Konstantinos:

I have just sent the following e-mail. Thanks for supplying the e-mail address. I will post back here when I receive a response:
Oh, thank you a million Mike!

I really do hope now that they will check their discs too to see that the error is there.
(although I'm not so optimistic about a replacement programme)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This might be a tough nut to crack. I have already received a pretty generic replay from their customer service department.

I really encourage anyone else with this set to send their own note to the e-mail address posted in Post #20 to continue to let them know about this problem.
Dear Valued Customer,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. If this is a recent purchase, please try to return, or exchange the product at the point of purchase. If you are unable to return, or exchange the item at the store in which you purchased it from, the product can be returned to us for exchange. Only the defective or duplicate discs will need to be returned.

If you would like to proceed with our replacement process, please provide your full name, home address, telephone number, where and when the title was purchased, and the barcode number on the back of the case.
We appreciate your cooperation in this matter and look forward to your response.

Thank you,Customer Care
They also assigned me a "ticket number."

My response to them:
I would be more comfortable dealing directly with your company than Amazon in exchanging out the faulty discs…

But before I even think about beginning that process, is Lionsgate even aware of the issue and has it produced fixed discs? I wouldn’t want to exchange discs only to find the same faulty subtitles on that one particular episode. I am not contacting you about a disc that simply isn’t playing correctly.

Thanks,

Mike Frezon

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^ see? Leave this sort of thing to the pros. Good job Mike! I would have sent mine back and been waiting on a nice new copy of the same damn thing.

We need our old man words to be accurate on our Little House!

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Thank you again Mike for the information..

Yes, it seems they just respond without checking the problem and understanding what is it about!
Who responds to these messages anyway?

I have kept from purchasing this set just for this error. I know I could just let it go (after all, it's just one episode), but it will keep bugging me that I've paid for a faulty disc. And since I need the subtitles (English is not my native language, and it's easier for me to read subtitles than trying to catch 100% of what they're saying) I'll keep waiting until (and if) they fix the problem.

I hope by your second question, they'll at least check the disc and see it for themselves!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yes, sir. This is going to be a tough nut to crack.

I received this response this afternoon:
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your email. There are no known issues with this title. We are more than happy to replace any defective product. If you would like to proceed with our replacement process, please provide your full name, home address, telephone number, where and when the title was purchased, and the barcode number on the back of the case.
We appreciate your cooperation in this matter and look forward to your response.

Thank you,Customer Care
My response:
Well then—is there a way for me to report an issue with this title?

I am a moderator at the Home Theater Forum (www.hometheaterforum.com) and a number of our members are reporting the same thing: that the subtitles on episode #16 (Family Quarrel) of the Blu-ray release of Little House on the Prairie are incorrect. They are the same subtitles used on episode #15 of the same set (Christmas at Plum Creek).

Can’t you folks check that out easily enough?

As I said before, I don’t see the point in going through a replacement process when you folks aren’t even aware yet that there’s an issue with the authoring of the disc.

Thank you.

Mike Frezon
If anyone else with these discs could report the subtitle issue with Lionsgate, it could only help move things along. Thanks.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
It's funny how they think it is still one disc that has the problem and all the rest are good..
This is very disappointing...

I guess they would expect hundreds of complaints before they check their discs! (not talking about a replacement here, but just checking)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Radioman970 said:
Just got a Wally world message, Season 2 is on its way to me!

I noticed yesterday my store only has season 1 on dvd. no blu.
Cool beans!

I have noticed the season 1 Blu set is being carried by my local Best Buy. I think the price there is $27.99.
speechless-smiley-034.gif

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I missed how much they had it for at Wallys walk in store. I wish I'd looked.

Only problem, I'm still on season 4 of the old dvds. I need to finish season 5 then I'll start over. It's a hard thing to do. But it'll be worth the wait!

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
This is getting ridiculous!

The reply I got to the 4th (or 5th) email I've sent:
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for your patience. We are more than happy to replace any defective product. Please provide your full name, home address, telephone number, where and when the title was purchased, and the barcode number on the back of the case. We also require an image of the barcode and a copy of the receipt, if available.We appreciate your cooperation in this matter and look forward to your response.
Thank you,Customer Care

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yup. Wouldn't you know it. I just found this in my Inbox.

I guess their robot had a few days off. :blink:
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for your patience. We are more than happy to replace any defective product. Please provide your full name, home address, telephone number, where and when the title was purchased, and the barcode number on the back of the case. We also require an image of the barcode and a copy of the receipt, if available.We appreciate your cooperation in this matter and look forward to your response.
Thank you,Customer Care

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My response:
Dear Customer Care:

Since you’ve been telling me that there is nothing defective with this product, please tell me who I should contact to tell them about the subtitle mastering issue on this set (Little House on the Prairie: Season 1 Blu-ray).

Mike Frezon

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
After another email, I got this:
Thank you for your email. We understand the issue you have describe and are requesting your information so we can send out a new disc. Please provide us with the requested information so a new disc can be sent out.

So, that means that they fixed it??

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I remember the first time dad told me to pull his finger. There was no candy. But somebody must pull the finger so we'll all know! :p

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Konstantinos Zacharopoulos said:
After another email, I got this:
Thank you for your email. We understand the issue you have describe and are requesting your information so we can send out a new disc. Please provide us with the requested information so a new disc can be sent out.
So, that means that they fixed it??
Maybe. I got an e-mail of my own today...fairly specific:
Dear Mike,Thank you for your email. We are requesting your information so we can send out a new disc, which has no subtitle issues, to you. Kindly reply back with the requested information so a replacement disc can be sent out to you.Thank you,LionsGate Shop Customer Service
I'm going to send my address and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks