What's new

Little House on the Prairie: building the best possible collection (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Well, Wally seems to be okay with me this time about spending the money on these great sets.

moviebuff75 said:
The Disney mini-series was pretty good actually. Very true to the books...still not as good as the original, obviously. But not a bad show. I need to purchase it as well.
It's surprising it didn't show up with the other Disney stuff that Big Lots got recently. I believe it's $5 at amazon too. So that might be a good one to get you to the free shippers.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Radioman,Agreed. It's one thing to have music replacements, but I like you will not stand for freckle replacements.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i thought you guys were kidding ?

what do they do to get rid of the freckles ?

are they actually spending money to do that ?

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
Radioman970 said:
I was reading some comments about "Laura's missing freckles".... all I can say is that each freckle better be in place or I'll demand a refund!
Oh, come on! You're making a big deal out of this? This is NOTHING! They did NOT photoshop ANYTHING out of her face!

little-house-on-the-prairie-blu-ray-1.jpg

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
the bottom pic is better - it looks a lot brighter to me ?

ya know, i dont see many freckles though, on either pic.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I can't imagine that they're going to alter anything. And if they did, it sure as heck wouldn't be freckles on a little girl.

Did they just recently gain access to the original elements? Too bad that Lionsgate didn't do this from day 1 if that's not the case. Can hardly fault them for what Imavision and NBC did, but it's a shame that they sold the same subpar product for a few years instead of making this investment immediately.

I hope it wasn't their choice...

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mr. Handley,Well done with the Verbena remark!

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Just put in my pre-order at Wal-Mart. The entire 1st season on blu-ray for just under $20 with free shipping to boot...what a deal!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Mr. Handley said:
Actually, it smells more like Lemon Verbena!
I washed my 3 dogs with some Coconut Verbena scent shampoo and I was thinking, well now my dogs almost smell like Laura Ingals. ;)

I watched The Creeper of Walnut Grove today and was thinking it had everything that we're all sure this new release will lack. I just hope the releases all go exactly like the first 2. I'll preorder each one if they do.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Radioman970 said:
I watched The Creeper of Walnut Grove today and was thinking it had everything that we're all sure this new release will lack.
James: My brain is not firing on all cylinders tonight. What exactly do you mean when you say this?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mike,I am a bit confused by James' statement too. If I were to reverse the clauses to some extent, then I would understand it better. I'm sure Radioman will throw a little lemon verbena our way and help us out a bit. ;)

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
I'm thinking that James meant that the new releases won't have all of the issues that plagued the previous sets...dirty prints, sped-up voices, hacksaw edits, etc.

Can't wait to enjoy these restored episodes!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Paul,

Ahh, gotcha. The new set will lack the problems of the older set, as opposed to the new set lacking anything that we want it to have. That makes more sense to me now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks