Little Fockers - quick review

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Patrick Sun, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

While this film did not have the greatest script, nor much to offer in the clever department, viewed as a farce, it plays a little better. It did make me laugh at the contrived situations, so I can't say I detested like many other "snobby" reviewers, but if you just need some comfort food in the form of movies over the holidays, a matinee showing of "Little Fockers" won't sour your mood, and might even give you a few laughs.

I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

2. AllTheRage

AllTheRage Auditioning

That's what I would expect from this movie. I did enjoy the first two movies, Meet The Parents & Meet The Fockers quite a bit so I'll have to see this one regardless. Good to know it's worth a few laughs at least.

3. WillG

WillG Producer

In all fairness, it's currently running at a mere 10% at rottentomatoes. So, I'm sure many of the negative assessments are somewhat accurate.

I'm a fan of the original. But, I thought the second one was terrible. Seems like the writers just sat around thinking of ways they could make the sequel more wacky and the situations more outrageous and just kept throwing shit at the wall to see if it stuck.

4. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

That pretty much describes the third, as well. A couple of laughs, but they're definitely out of material.

Only about a dozen people in the theater, too, so it may not play as well as expected.

5. Brent M

Brent M Producer

I really liked Meet the Parents, but by the time I got done with Meet the Fockers I was ready for a cyanide capsule. I can't even imagine sitting through Little Fockers as it would surely drive me over the edge. It just looks utterly awful.

6. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    It was Ok, I liked the first better as it was a bit more rude, it's been tamed down a little, still the cast sells this one, its an ok Little comedy

7. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

Why is it if someone doesn't like lowest-common-denominator "entertainment", they're called "snobs"?

Haven't seen "Little F", but thought "Meet the F" was one of the worst, least funny comedies ever made. Guess I'm a snob because I don't find great humor in the sight of a baby saying "a--hole" approximately 37 times...