What's new

Listen to "everyday" TV via HT setup or not? (1 Viewer)

Geno

Supporting Actor
I used to watch TV on the projector and had audio running thru the receiver but I went thru a bulb in one year and that gets expensive. So now I watch TV on my 13" and use the TV speakers. Funny, I have a 13" screen and a 130" screen...

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I watch TV with my normal HT all the time. If you have all of this equipment, why not make use of it? Plus Dolby Pro-Logic II on some shows is great.

If you have a projector, then I can see where you are coming from.

HienD

Stunt Coordinator
I have all my video and audio sources connected to the receiver. I use my receiver for s-video switching. This is what happens when you tv only has 1 component and 1 s-video jack. The only thing i don't have connected to my receiver is the vcr. I don't watch that much tv so I end up using the receiver to watch most programs.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Whether I'm watching a DVD, playing a game or watching television all I have to do is select the proper input on the receiver. Running all of the audio thru one source makes the system easier to operate.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I'm with Carl... all my A/V is handled through my receiver. I push a button, turn on the TV, and I'm good-to-go. However, I don't have a projector, so it's fairly easy for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks