What's new

List the TV shows not available on DVD that you would buy in a heartbeat! (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Regulus /forum/thread/179551/list-the-tv-sh...you-would-buy-in-a-heartbeat/180#post_3634388
Amen!

I'd buy every(YES EVERY) season on dvd if it were available.

LCD22

Screenwriter
The one Canadian series I've waited on for two decades to see again: Danger Bay. I very much want the original CBC broadcasts released on DVD.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Maverick, Batman (will never happen), The Six Million Dollar Man (R1), The Bionic Woman (R1), Karen Sisco.

The remaining seasons of Da Vinci's Inquest/City Hall, Made in Canada, This is Wonderland, SCTV, Night Gallery, Larry Sanders

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Regulus /forum/thread/179551/list-the-tv-sh...you-would-buy-in-a-heartbeat/180#post_3634388
Count me in on this if it happens. I have that Anniversary/combination Lassie set and it's great. I was concerned about the prints with that set and Gary helped get me off the fence on it. I've watched the "Jeff" eps and most of the "Timmy" ones so far.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:Originally Posted by Jeff Willis

In all seriousness, I'm with you 100% on the Lassie season sets. I'd be in for pretty much everything from the first episode with Jeff adopting Lassie to the last Ranger episode. I think that's about a 16 year run so it might get expensive.

Gary "glad to be an encouragement to you, just as you are to me" O.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Batman
Green Hornet
Maverick

I would pre-order any/all of those as soon as announced. Something I *never* do.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Lassie, in one form or another, lasted 19 Seasons! They can be divided into 5 Segments.

They Are:

1. "The Jeff Episodes" (AKA "Jeff's Collie") 1954 to 1957 Season 1-3

2. "The Martin Years" (AKA "Timmy and Lassie") 1957 to 1964 Season 4 to 10

Timmy made his first appearance as a Runaway Child who is found hiding in the Miller's Barn in the First Episode of the Fourth Season. The Millers Take him in Later in the Season the Millers Sell their farm to the Martins, who adopt Timmy.

3. "The Ranger Years" 1964 to 1969 Season 11 - 16

In the First Episode of Season 11 The Martins decide to move to Australia. Because of a Quarentine Law they are forced to leave Lassie Behind with a Neighbor, who then suffers a Heart Attack. The Neighbor's own Dog, a Terrier named Silky seeks to find his Master after he is taken to a Hospital. Lassie goes after him, when the neighbor Recovers he gives Lassie to a Ranger, Mr Corey. Thus the Ranger Years begin.

4. "The Lassie Alone Year" 1970-71

For some unknown reason Lassie now drifts from location to location, helping various people and critters. This was the final year Lassie was carried by CBS.

5. "The Ranch Years" 1971-1973

Lassie is now owned my a Rancher, one Mr Holden. Two years later the series ended.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Gary OS You know me...I tend to be cautious when it comes to print quality of some of the lesser-known studio's older show's releases. I depend on your advice since you know my "print Q line" so well.

Hope that "Region-free" advice of mine helped you out with that DVD player.

William,

Thanks for the Lassie" history! I wasn't aware that this series lasted that long. As with a lot of us, my memory about this show is when I was a kid watching it. The only ones I remember were the "Timmy" years. That's when I watched it after school in the young years. I was too young for the "Jeff" years and I only recall seeing a few "Ranger" years shows. I know that "Anniversary" set includes those as well so I'm looking forward to seeing those epiisodes after many years.

After watching the "Timmy" Lassie shows, June Lockhart was forever "typecast" in my head as Timmy's Mom.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Ditto on the Lassie episodes and sooner then later. I think my daughters would really enjoy watching these as they grow up. Any idea what the hang up is? This would seem to be an obvious choice so there must be some kind of ownership issue in the way.

Green Hornet would be interesting, just to see early Bruce Lee.

My most coveted unavailable title would be Rifleman.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I began watching Lassie during "The Ranger Years" and I remember when CBS was pondering the idea of cancelling the show someone began a "Save Lassie" Campaign urging viewers to write the Network. The following year was the "Lassie Alone" Year, then the show did it's final two years in Syndication. Only recently did I see the episode where Timmy gives up Lassie, for some reason the Stations in my area ran "Jeffs Collie", Timmy and Lassie" and the Color Episodes of the last three incarnations, but not Season 11. (This First Season of "The Ranger Years is in Black and White, which may explain why they didn't run those.)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Angela's Eyes
Blind Justice
Deadline
First Wave
Holby City
Jake 2.0
LA Dragnet
Mysterious Ways
New Amsterdam
New York Undercover
Philly
Seven Days
Smart Guy
The Suite Life Of Zack & Cody - Season Sets
The Suite Life on Deck - Season Sets
USA High
Women's Murder Club

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by smithb

Ditto on the Lassie episodes and sooner then later. I think my daughters would really enjoy watching these as they grow up. Any idea what the hang up is? This would seem to be an obvious choice so there must be some kind of ownership issue in the way.

Green Hornet would be interesting, just to see early Bruce Lee.

My most coveted unavailable title would be Rifleman.
I'd love Green Hornet as well but it's like "Batman".....little chance due to legal issues.

Rifleman: I agree but I know you know about the MPI Box sets that were released, right? They're not in episode order but contain a lot of the show, I'm trying to remember but I think there was something like approx 42 episodes that were not included in the box sets. I guess they're keeping me happy until/if that rumored complete set comes our way.

From looking at Amazon, I guess the MPI box sets have been discontinued but they're available used and probably from eBay, etc.

That said, my advice for those that didn't get those MPI sets is to wait it out and hope for that complete set. That is one show that I'd bite the bullet and get the complete set, if the prints are re-mastered (ie improved from the MPI prints).

Lassie: I don't know of any legal issues with that show. My guess is that it's a marketing decision (not enough projected sales #'s or it's too old a show in the distributor's decision; possibly cost-prohibitive due to remastering costs?)

maverick
angie
dan august
the invisible man,1970s david mccalum series
it takes a thief
making a living
switch
the magician
providence
matt houston
ellery queen
the lifes and times of grizzly adams
batman
harper valley PTA
the six million dollar man
the bionic woman
harry O
trapper john MD
empty nest
nurses
twelve o'clock high
I'm a big girl now
kaz
life goes on season 2
coach season 4
the rookies season 2
St elsewhere season2
hart to hart season 3
fantasy island season 2
the fall guy season 2

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
The usual list from me:

T.H.E. CAT
SUSPICION
CORONET BLUE
BATMAN (1966)
WAY OUT
PANIC
ULTRA Q
DRAGNET (1950s, legit from Universal)
MAVERICK
THE WESTERNER
THE IMMORTAL (1970)
THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR
WORLD OF GIANTS
BUS STOP
BLUE LIGHT
STONEY BURKE
JOURNEY TO THE UNKNOWN
THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN (1968)
SPACE GIANTS
JOHNNY SOKKO & HIS FLYING ROBOT
RAUMPATROUILLE ORION
Q.E.D. (a.k.a. MASTERMIND)
HARRY O

And further releases of:

RAWHIDE
DRAGNET (1960s)
LEAVE IT TO BEAVER
ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS
WKRP IN CINCINNATI
THE FUGITIVE
ONE STEP BEYOND ("Official")
THE UNTOUCHABLES
BEANY & CECIL
VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA
ZATOICHI
LUPIN THE 3RD
PLAYBOY AFTER DARK
SCTV

Alex cosmo

Stunt Coordinator
The rest of SCTV

Batman ,WKRP: work it out guys. Some money will be better than no money and endless years of hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks