What's new

list of TV show DVDs with Best Buy exclusive extras? (1 Viewer)

Phil_La

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering if someone could come up with a list of DVDs with exclusive Best Buy extras, or even exclusive extras from other places. I've heard of three different sets now with Best Buy exclusives:

Xena season 1 - a bonus disc and coin. I'm pretty sure I have these extras (I know mine came with a coin), but it didn't come from Best Buy. I read somewhere here that this was a Best Buy only bonus, so maybe the store was associated with them.

South Park season 2 (or 1)? - bonus disc with the original pilot or an early unaired episode, can't remember.

Deep Space Nine - I overheard someone talking about bonus discs from Best Buy, I think on a few different seasons actually.

I did a few searches and couldn't find a discussion about this topic, though I'm sure some of these individual releases have been discussed here.

Roni F

Stunt Coordinator
"Xena season 1 - a bonus disc and coin. I'm pretty sure I have these extras (I know mine came with a coin), but it didn't come from Best Buy. I read somewhere here that this was a Best Buy only bonus, so maybe the store was associated with them."

Best Buy has included exclusive bonus content with all of the seasons of Xena that have been released so far (S1-4). The boxes with bonus content in them have a purple banner across the top of the front cover saying "Exclusive Bonus Content" or something along those lines. The bonus content for season one is a bonus disc with a great hour-long featurette called "What You Didn't Know About Xena," made up of interviews with season one directors. IIRC, the coin came with every set of S1. With the following three sets, an offer to buy the coins was included instead.

The exclusive bonus content for season two is a 30 minute-long featurette with interviews with Lucy Lawless, Renee O'Connor and Rob Tapert. For seasons three and four, it's a 30 min. featurette with LL, ROC, RT and others from the cast and crew.

I think I remember reading that Best Buy also has bonus stuff in the Hercules boxes too, but I'm not 100% sure.

Phil_La

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info. I just checked, and my Xena is the same as you described. I actually bought it at a local store for 50% off when it was closing. I guess I got a good deal.

Are there any other South park sets with exclusives?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Hercules: The Legendary Journeys also has bonuses with every season. Extra interviews, mostly.

JamieF

Auditioning
The S2 of Three's Company comes with two coasters in the package exclusively at Best Buy.

Also, I wanted to say I can't wait for S3 of Three's Company.:)

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
No, only BB disc exclusive to South Park was the pilot (with the Season 2 box).

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
The Space 1999 boxed set had the bonus disc with the three remastered episodes and the "Message From Moonbase Alpha" Convention film that tied up the series available only through BB. The disc can be purchased on-line from A+E now though.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I thought Trek TNG didn't have DVD-Video bonuses until season 4, and that previous seasons had various games, audio books, etc.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
South Park Season 2 had an exlusive disc, the pilot, but it was not a Best Buy exlusive - I bought mine at Sam Goody/Musicland.

Ryan

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark

Both are owned by Best Buy. I guess the features are not exclusively "Best Buy," but certainly exclusive to the Best Buy family of stores (including Future Shop in Canada).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks