Lionsgate Press Release: The Oogieloves In The BIG Balloon Adventure

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, May 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    2811.jpg
    Get ready to sing and dance when The Oogieloves In The BIG Balloon Adventure movie arrives on DVD July 16 from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. The film is currently available on Video on Demand and Digital Download. A unique, interactive preschool movie experience, the movie allows children to be a part of the adventure as they "move" the story along by singing and dancing with their new friends. Recognized by The Dove Foundation and Kids First! for its family-friendly content, the live action film stresses the importance of love, teamwork and acceptance.
    The Oogieloves In The BIG Balloon Adventure movie features an ensemble cast including singer Toni Braxton, Cloris Leachman (TV's "Raising Hope"), Christopher Lloyd (Back To The Future), Chazz Palminteri (TV's "Rizzoli & Isles"), Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) and Jaime Pressly (TV's "My Name Is Earl"), who all join the Oogieloves on a fun-filled adventure that children will love to watch again and again! The Oogieloves In The BIG Balloon Adventure will be available on DVD nationwide for the suggested retail price of $14.98.
    It's Schluufy's birthday, and the Oogieloves, along with their friends are organizing a party. (Shh! It's a secret.) Everything is going along just perfectly until J. Edgar trips and loses the last five magical balloons - OH NO! The Oogieloves will need plenty of creative thinking, teamwork and enthusiasm to rescue these one-of-a-kind balloons in time for the big celebration. With the help of their best friends and the support of many extraordinary new friends whom they meet along the way, can they recover the magical balloons in time for the party?
    DVD SPECIAL FEATURES*

[*]"Meet the Oogieloves" Character Biographies
    [*]"Know Your Oogielove" Interactive Game
    [/list]*Subject to change
    CAST
    Toni Braxton TV's "Braxton Family Values," TV'sTwist of Faith
    Cloris Leachman TV's "Raising Hope," The Women, The Beverly Hillbillies
    Christopher Lloyd Back To The Future, Piranha, Piranha 3DD, TV's "Taxi"
    Chazz Palminteri Analyze This, TV's "Rizzoli & Isles," A Bronx Tale, The Usual Suspects
    Cary Elwes The Princess Bride, Robin Hood: Men In Tights, Ella Enchanted, TV's "Psych"
    and Jaime Pressly TV's "My Name Is Earl," TV's "I Hate My Teenage Daughter," Not Another Teen Movie
    PROGRAM INFORMATION
    Year of Production: 2009
    Title Copyright: The Oogieloves in The BIG Balloon Adventure, Artwork & Supplementary Materials © and TM 2012 BBAM, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
    Type: Theatrical Release
    Rating: G
    Genre:Animation; Childrens/Event; Faith; Family; Music;
    Closed Captioned: English
    Subtitles: English and Spanish
    Format: 16x9 Widescreen (1.78:1)
    Feature Running Time: 86 minutes
    DVD Audio Status: 5.1 Dolby Digital

2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Hold me back...

3. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    The film set a new American box office record for the lowest opening weekend gross for a film playing at over 2,000 theaters. It grossed $445,000 at 2,160 theaters; just over $200 per theater. The previous record holder was Delgo, which grossed $511,920 in 2,160 theaters.Bit of trivia:TriviaProduction completed in 2009, but the film sat on the shelf for 4 years because the producer wanted to patent the film's method of providing visual cues and synchronizing house lights for a semi-interactive experience. Young viewers are encouraged to get up and dance when butterflies fly across the screen, and sit down when turtles appear.

4. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    I plan to do the same.

5. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    What, no blu-ray?

You can download the movie in high definition for $17.99 from iTunes, or rent it for $3.99. Standard def is also available. Now! What are you waiting for?!?

Normally, I'm a sucker for early digital releases, but I'll restrain myself this time.

6. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    Which is exactly why I'm going to watch this at some point. Of course, I can say my three-year-old wanted to watch it so I don't feel like such a loser. :)