Lionsgate Press Release: 54 (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

March 6th

54 Blu-ray Disc

Get a front row ticket to the most legendary party on the planet as Lionsgate debuts Miramax's 54 on Blu-ray Disc for the first time. The era of sex, drugs and dancing comes alive in High Definition with an all-star cast including Ryan Phillippe (The Lincoln Lawyer) and Oscar® nominee Salma Hayek (Best Actress in a Leading Role, Frida, 2002) with Neve Campbell (the Scream series) and Mike Myers (the Austin Powers series). Crowned "the Ultimate Party Movie!" (New York Daily News), the film's Blu-ray Disc premiere also includes a music video.

In an era when image was everything, nightclub owner Steve Rubell (Myers) plucked young Shane O'Shea (Phillippe) out of the line to get into his club, and out of obscurity. O'Shea manages to land himself a coveted spot behind the bar, witnessing first-hand the bright lights and hot stars at the greatest party on Earth.

Bli-Ray $19.99

2. MLamarre

MLamarre Second Unit

Matthew Lamarre
    People have been clamoring for the director's cut of this film for years and it looks like it's not going to be included with this release. Very disappointing. Is there no way we can contact Lionsgate/Miramax or Director Mark Christopher about this issue? From IMDb trivia:
    From Wikipedia:

3. Will Krupp

Will Krupp Screenwriter

Will
    It's not as though Miramax had any great faith in the theatrical cut anyway, as the original DVD (though unadvertised as such) was an extended version of the movie with a little of the original footage edited back in. They could easily re-imagine it for blu-ray to make the people who have been clamoring to see the director's original intent (myself for one) happy.

I'm sorry but no director's cut=no sale (there are PLENTY of other blu's I can spend my 20 dollars on)

4. lee101

lee101 Auditioning

In england it's advertised as having both normal and extended cuts http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Films-TV/Blu-ray/54-Extended-Theatrical-Versions/product.html?product=E11054333&utm_medium=basefeed&utm_source=google