What's new

Lindsay Lohan (1 Viewer)

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
That was a really interesting read. Having acted a little bit, I have never seen anything like those meltdowns. A few temper tantrums, but nothing like this. I cant imagine trying to focus and really be in the moment of the scene with all that chaos going on after "cut" was yelled.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Things keep going from bad to worse for La Lohan on the public relations front. In a recent public opinion poll, Lindsay was found to be less popular than Congress. When you consider that the list of things found MORE popular than Congress includes cockroaches, root canal, colonoscopies, the NFL replacement refs and Nickelback, you get an idea of how disliked she is these days. ;)

Weir36betty

Auditioning
Real Name
Betty Weir
America has latched on to this young beauty with the strength of vice grip. She is the "it" girl, plastered on magazines, TV, bathroom walls, etc.http://www.hometheaterforum.com/content/type/61/id/173703/

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Anyone who doesn't think that Lindsay Lohan was ever hot has a very short memory.

As for that movie, I've seen ads for it, but I didn't realize that Ho-Cake Vince directed it! :)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
Wow.Maybe we need a Paul Schrader thread...
It's pretty bizarre that Schrader cast Lohan, unless he thought that was the best way to garner free publicity for The Canyons. I find it impossible to be believe that he couldn't find someone at least as capable who wouldn't cause problems -- Schrader should have been able to attract a bevy of very talented unknowns just with his name, right? Maybe the last thing he saw was A Prairie Home Companion and didn't think anything had changed with Lohan since 2006.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Jim Mcc said:
Is there a pool yet for when she overdoses and will not return? And yes, you all know it's coming.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chet_Baker

Lohan has nothing on Chet Baker in the drug abuse department, yet he lived to 59 and never did overdose (he "fell" out of a window). So, lets not write her off just yet. Really, when you think about it -- 90% of her's and say Robert Downey Jr.'s problems stem from living in Los Angeles instead of New York City -- in NYC they'd be taking cabs or limos and no matter how bombed out of their minds they were, they wouldn't be getting arrested for drunk driving, and if they did get busted for something else, they wouldn't already be on probation for all the drunk driving.

Entertainers with substance abuse problems should keep their carriers in NY, and if they have to do a movie or appearance in Hollywood they should hire a 24/7 driver. Not sure why this is a difficult concept, but maybe it's all the substances clouding their minds...

*From Wikipedia on Downey -- note again the thing that put him on the arrest/parole/probation/violated merry-goround was a moving violation. Now sure, you could argue that Downey was "saved" by all his arrests -- but arguably he did his best work, including his Oscar nominated Chaplin during his drug years and was never late/unprofessional at work (unless we count not showing up due to being arrested).
From 1996 through 2001, Downey was arrested numerous times on drug-related charges including cocaine, heroin and marijuana[17] and went several times through drug treatment programs unsuccessfully, explaining in 1999 to a judge: "It's like I've got a shotgun in my mouth with my finger on the trigger, and I like the taste of the gun metal."[18] He explained his relapses by claiming to have been addicted to drugs since the age of eight, due to the fact that his father, also an addict, had been giving them to him.[18][19]
In April 1996, Downey was arrested for possession of heroin, cocaine and an unloaded .357 Magnum handgun while he was speeding down Sunset Boulevard. A month later, while on parole, he trespassed into a neighbor's home while under the influence of a controlled substance and fell asleep in one of the beds.[20][21] He was sentenced to three years of probation and required to undergo compulsory drug testing. In 1997, he missed one of the court-ordered drug tests and had to spend four months in the Los Angeles County jail.
After Downey missed another required drug test in 1999, he was arrested once more. Despite Downey's lawyer, John Stewart Holden, assembling for his client's 1999 defense the same team of lawyers that successfully defended O.J. Simpson during his criminal trial for murder,[18] Downey was sentenced to a three-year prison term at the California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility and State Prison in Corcoran, California (a.k.a. "Corcoran II"). At the time of the 1999 arrest, all of Downey's film projects had wrapped and were close to release, with the exception of In Dreams, which he was allowed to complete filming. He had also been hired for voicing "The Devil" on the NBC animated television series God, the Devil and Bob, but was fired when he failed to show up for rehearsals.[22][23]

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Since crickets have been chirping in this thread for a couple of months...

Here's an image I found while looking for something else:

lindsay-lindsay-lohan-redhead-women-woman-girl-chick-chic-bl-demotivational-poster-1237486784.jpg

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Lohan has made some really catastrophic choices, and should be held accountable. But, you know, she is a product of us. We love putting attractive young girls in the spotlight so that we can fantasize about them. We may not admit it, but we love it when their privacy is compromised and we get all sorts of sordid photos and information from the paparazzi and the gossip columns and so-called "news" channels. We wouldn't want this happening to us, but we figure the Lohan's of the world deserve it because 1) they're richer than we'll ever be 2) they've had their much-more-than-fifteen-minutes-of-fame 3) they do things many of the rest of us do for which we either haven't yet been caught or for which we received harsher judgments 4) we are a society that thrives on creating idols and then tearing them down when we tire of them -- the flavor-of-the-week thing. I don't condone Lohan's behavior, but, as they say, it takes a village to bring up a child. I would go a step further and say that it takes a society to bring up a child. We have failed the Lohan's of the world. But we won't admit to that anymore than we own up to the tragedies incurred during Manifest Destiny.

If we insist Lindsay be accountable, so then should we be.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Dick said:
I would go a step further and say that it takes a society to bring up a child. We have failed the Lohan's of the world. But we won't admit to that anymore than we own up to the tragedies incurred during Manifest Destiny.

If we insist Lindsay be accountable, so then should we be.
Society didn't fail her, her parents failed her, they pushed her into showbiz at a very young age and didn't teach her right from wrong because they were too busy enjoying the fame their daughter found, i have heard plenty of excuses but no one takes responsibility for their own actions, it's easy to blame society, it's easy to blame anyone but themselves.

Not everyone who grows up in the limelight goes off the rails, just those who let fame go to their head or have an addictive personality and, you don't even need to be in showbiz for that to happen, she still has time to take responsibility for her own actions and recover but, wiseness comes with age, so it may take several more years before she realizes the world doesn't revolve around her and if she wants to salvage her career she has to buckle down, stop being late, stop thinking she is still a star, sack her current advisors and just do her job, then she will make a comeback, probably in some Quentin Tarantino movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks