What's new

Linda Ronstadt Loses Voice To Parkinsons Disease (1 Viewer)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
In the History of the Eagles special someone (I don't recall who) when discussing her cover of Desperado said that Linda Ronstadt 'had a voice as big as a house'. A very apt way to describe her vocal presence back in the day.

- Walter.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
She really surprised her critics when she played Mabel in the (now legendary) Public Theater's production of "The Pirates of Penzance". Nobody has ever managed to top her in that role. I pray they find a cure for this horrific disease very, very soon.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
had a tremendous crush on her in the 70s and 80s. Amazing looking lady. I have an aunt who looks nearly identical to her. Even now, they favor.

Anyway, wishing the best for her.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I think I fixed it. It worked for me, but it was playing it twice about a second apart, like some weird stereo version. There wasn't a genre she tackle that I didn't love her work. Luckily, we have the recordings. My thoughts are going out to her and her family and friends.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/original-album-series-linda-ronstadt/24931814?ean=0081227971922\

Pretty great deal to get all these albums (Hasten Down the Wind, Prisoner in Disguise, Simple Dreams, Living in the U.S.A., Mad Love) for $12, or even less discounted at the store. Every one of these albums in classic Ronstadt at her peak when she was performing J.D. Souther, Karla Bonoff, and Elvis Costello songs.

Because of these classics, her awesome voice is eternal.

I saw her live in '75 at the Capital Center in Maryland when the Eagles were her OPENING act, that's how big she was.

I saw her again having dinner with Governor Jerry Brown at Barney's Beanery in L.A. in 1978 when they were dating. Wasn't too jealous.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks