What's new

Likelihood of new shows coming to DVD? (1 Viewer)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
main ones i want are dirt, Ugly Betty, Heroes, Angela's Eyes, Jericho

others potentially to get a release maybe: Emilys Reasons Why Not, In Case Of Emergency, Til Death, 10 Items Or Less, Big Day, Brothers & Sisters

LCD22

Screenwriter
Another series I like to see is "The Black Donnellys", which starts on Monday. I rented the pilot episode through Netflix and I thought it was excellent. It was, IMO, the best network pilot in a long time. I can't wait to see this series (and hopefully it will make it to a second season and a DVD release).

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Psych anyone? James Roday is one of the funniest actors on TV in my opinion. Would also love to see Eureka. I'm also hoping that ABC Family's Fallen gets several more installments and comes out on dvd.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Friday Night Lights, Jericho, and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip are available for download on Ipod (True, you can only play them on your Computer or Ipod) However since they are on there I would not be surprised they will be available on DVD pretty soon.

LCD22

Screenwriter
"Friday Night Lights" is unofficially scheduled for August according to Bill Hunt's "Rumor Mill" yesterday.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
This is good to hear about ``Heroes'' being unofficially on the sked for a DVD release of Season One. Am hopeful to learn similar news soon about ``Jericho'' and I'm certain that ``Lost'' and ``Grey's Anatomy'' Season 3 announcements will be coming sometime soon.
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Actually, it seems pretty likely that the fourth season of Lost isn't going to start airing until January 2008 so they may wait and release the S3 DVDs in November or December so the two cross promote each other. Either way, it's coming- it's just a matter of when. :)

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Ahhhh, hadn't thought of that. I was posting on TV.com that I hoped that both CBS and ABC had learned their lessons about fan discontent with the long hiatuses for both ``Jericho'' and ``Lost'' in their zeal to deflect criticism for having aired ``too many'' repeats and started the seasons later ala ``24,'' but I hadn't stopped to consider that that might also delay the release of the third season of ``Lost'' on DVD. Ugh.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

FYI, the phrase is "left in the lurch", although I can see where it might sound like "lurge" depending on who is speaking. (As far as I can determine "lurge" is not a word in English.) Thinking about all this made me realize that I had no idea what "lurch" meant in this context. Luckily The Word Detective did. :)

Regards,

Joe

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Just got into The Dresden Files last week. Would like to see this come out as well.

Katherine_K

Second Unit

I would be shocked if Eureka season 1 wasn't announced in the next month or two for sometime June or July'ish.

LCD22

Screenwriter
The first season of "Psych" is coming June 26th bundled together with the fifth season of "Monk" or you can buy "Psych" separately.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7033

One question though on "Monk" S5, will the episode, "Mr. Monk and the Leper", be the color broadcast or the black-and-white? I would like to see both that aired last December 22 and with the cast introductions.

http://www.tv.com/monk/mr.-monk-and-...9/summary.html

There's no mention of bonus materials in either news, but I'd hope Universal will increase the amount of extras this time. The extras on past "Monk" sets are getting rather frustrating when they could do so much more with this popular series.

LCD22

Screenwriter
"October Road" is another new series I would like to see get a DVD release. And with only 6 episodes that will be airing this mid-season, it will make a nice 2-disc set from Buena Vista. Though the only thing is the soundtrack to this series already is quite expensive, and it is my hope they'll be able to clear all of it. The official ABC site is keeping track of the soundtrack for "October Road" to get idea what music they're using:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/octoberroad/index?pn=music

I'm already hooked on this series, and I hope ABC renews it for next season.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

As you said, a fairly well confirmed report was posted on TV Shows on DVD on Tuesday saying that ``Eureka'' was coming...cool!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

LCD22

Screenwriter
TVShowsOnDVD.com has up the cover art and list of some of the extras we can expect for the first season release of "Psych".

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7101

It's nice to see that both "Monk" and "Psych" will have actual bonus materials. Nice cover art for "Psych". I hope "Psych" will also have audio commentaries and maybe we'll also see those webisodes. I love the "Brain Freeze" one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks