What's new

Light a digital candle for the victims and against terrorism (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
With all due respect, how about lighting a REAL candle? Must EVERYTHING be done on a computer now days?
------------------
"How can I heal, when I can't feel time?"
Leonard from Memento

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
The spirit behind this entire recovery is what is most important. I'm in.
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)?

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
With all due respect, how about lighting a REAL candle?
With all due respect, why bother lighting a candle at all?
What more does lighting a real candle do then lighting a 'net candle? I can't see what purpose either serve other than to make the lighter feel better about themselves...

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Done.
With all due respect, why bother lighting a candle at all?
What more does lighting a real candle do then lighting a 'net candle? I can't see what purpose either serve other than to make the lighter feel better about themselves...

It is a sign of respect and condolence. One that is ages old. It is also a sign of shared grief, of shared respect, of a community. If indeed you bothered to check out the page, you would have noticed well over 180,000 people lit one.
If you don't see any use for this, why did you even bother posting?

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Well I guess that's my question, and thus my impetus for posting: Why do people need to do this publicly? I did check out the page. It could have 1 candle lit, or 1 billion; it makes little difference to me.
And I didn't say I don't see any use in it. I said that I don't see what purpose it serves "other than to make the lighter feel better about themselves."
I'll stop now, because I really disagree with all this 'net wide self-appreciation. Thanks.

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
WOW….......
Of all threads on this Forum, I though THIS subject would generate the LEAST amount of controversy.
rolleyes.gif

Shawn S

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
Some people feel the need to fart every single place they go. Sure it makes them feel better but in really stinks things up for the rest of us.
People need to remember so we hopefully can prevent this tragedy from ever happening again. If lighting a candle helps that, then by all means please light a candle.
My thoughts are with the families of the victims.
------------------------------
usa.gif

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
If you're going to light a real candle, I've got to relate this warning tale. A neighbour of ours lit a candle in memory of Princess Diana on the day of her funeral and put it in his front window. The flame lit the drapes and burnt his house down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks