Life with Lucy

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mark Pytel, Jan 24, 2011.

1. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    Who knows as we could be all surprised at this show finally seeing the light of day on the DVD format and that can officially complete the Lucy series of shows, sans the one special episode she shot in Nashville at the Opry as part of those Lucille Ball specials. Music rights have to be the key issue in why that specific episode hasn't been released as of yet.

2. Mark Collins

Mark Collins Cinematographer

Mark
    I remember the show was canceled before all the shows were put on the air.

3. JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL Stunt Coordinator

Does Constantly Butchering have the rights to that episode? Cause we know that won't stop them from putting out censored versions...

4. Mark Collins

Mark
    I saw I Love Lucy color Christmas episodes along with the Scotland trip and the grape episode and I hope they put in the 3 Santas from the first year where they wish everyone a Merry Christmas. The DVDs were at Walmart for 12.95. I have not decided for I have the Christmas episode in the DVD collection on color or b&w which ever you prefer.

5. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    Mark, is this already out on the store shelves? I thought this wasn't coming out until a week from now?

6. Mark Collins

Mark
    Yes I looked at the several copies Walmart had in their now Christmas rack. I almost bought one the price is cheaper than Amazon. I really should because I do love the I Love Lucy series. I think time life put this out last year and they had the 3 Santas from the first year of the show which I have never seen. I am not sure this one includes that short clip. have always loved the grape episode. The lady in the show from what they have always said took the whole thing for real.

7. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    I'll definitely keep an eye out for it then at Wal-mart when i head there this weekend. The best price I managed to find it for was for $12.19 at Target.com and not sure if Best Buy will be carrying it though as it's a hit or miss with some of these newer releases.