Life season 2

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Life returns to NBC tonight at 10 p.m. EDT. Then it will air its 2nd episode this coming Friday (10/3/08) at 10 p.m., and then air its 3rd episode next Monday (10/6/08) and then settle into its normal Friday night timeslot (10/10/08).

2. Chad Erickson

Chad Erickson Stunt Coordinator

Chad Erickson
    Can't wait for the show to start again tonight. I wish they would have gotten a full season last year.

3. Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs Screenwriter

That schedule sounds like a great way to ensure it won't get a third season.

4. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

They're trying to get people to sample the show on Monday, after their used-to-be-big hit Heroes. And the networks haven't given up on Friday yet, so something has to be there. They'll be looking at how it performs versus what was there last year. Las Vegas?

5. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Loved the new boss, played by Donal Logue. I'm still in.

6. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Well I miss the old boss played by miss Deadwood, she's a great actress, but was a bit wasted in the series, but she was somehow tied to the main arc, so losing her is tough, but Donal Logue was great.

7. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    The new, slightly inappropriate boss was crackin' me up.

Shahi is obviously a beauty, but I like how they downplay that.

8. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Except of course that they are actually playing it up from how she was the first season. When she had her hair up, it made the few times she let her hair down all the more memorable. I can sympathize with wanting to soften and enhance her attractiveness to the general audience, but it's a shame character-wise.

9. Joe_H

Joe_H Screenwriter

Is it just me or does Charlie seem a lot less quirky this season? I mean except for the end with the car, he doesn't have a lot of those Zen moments or whatever. I wonder if that was a choice by the writers or something pushed by the network after so-so ratings?

10. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I never got into the show after the first couple of episodes last year. But, have started watching again. I assume he found the real killer who framed him. Can anyone give me a quick recap of what happened last season?

Thanks!

11. Joe_H

Joe_H Screenwriter

You pretty much summed up there the big picture narrative of last year. He found out who actually killed the family, and is pretty sure that his partner's father, Jack Reese, was the one who set him up (which we've seen to be true.) Other than that it was just a case a night.

On last night's episode, was that the same actress as the first season who played his lawyer? She looked different but I couldn't be sure.

12. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Yes, same actress, Brooke Langton. She was wearing (blue/green) eye shadow this time, and not well.

13. Joe_H

Joe_H Screenwriter

Wow, I thought tonight's was a great episode. One little thing bothered me though, it should not have taken a cop that long to figure out what the message on the tape means. The whole psychology angle was great though.

14. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Not much love for Life?

The new captain Tidwell is an interesting mixed bag. On the one hand, completely un-PC (which is great entertainment for a TV show, even if the character's a bit of a pig), on the other, not afraid to get his hands dirty by cutting the wire in the booby trap, though I have to wonder if that's a manifestation of a death wish?

And where did that snog at the end come from? Yeah, he's been lusting after Reese for a while, but her? Likewise with Ted and Charlie's step-mother (to be?), he's been lusting after her obviously, but her?

But all in all, great stuff, I'm hooked. No surprise there, I was hooked last season.

15. Joe_H

Joe_H Screenwriter

Yeah, I think the show's been great, though they need to stop messing with when its on. First Monday, then Friday, then Monday, then Friday (I know that was part of a special promo type deal but still), and now apparently its being moved to Wednesdays.

As for the stepmother, I wasn't entirely convinced she was into Ted, but she realized he wanted her, and used it as a distraction to get out the pencil.

16. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
  17. Chad Erickson

Chad Erickson Stunt Coordinator

Chad Erickson
    Thanks great news. Hopefully it finds a permanent home on Wednesday's and some more people start watching.

18. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim

Perhaps this is why the main arc seems to have stalled? I still enjoy the "case of the week", but the main arc, Charlie tracking down the guys who framed him, seems to be stuck in a rut, save for this week showing that one of them is now some big wheeler-dealer, and following from last week that Reese has done a runner. I hope the main arc gets moving again soon, otherwise this show is turning into another procedural.

19. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

The first season had the benefit of being shortened by the strike, down to 11(?) episodes. Most cable series do 13. Most TV series just don't have enough juice to run the usual 22 without a lot of filler.

20. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

While I am completely creeped out that Reese would hook up with the new Lt. I would buy the dvd just to see the scene with Reese walking out in boots, a shirt and underwear. [​IMG]