Life season 1 thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Just a heads up that Life has two new episodes this week. The first is Monday night after Heroes and then on Wednesday at the usual time.

2. Richard_D_Ramirez

Richard_D_Ramirez Second Unit

I just checked the DVR desciptions, and it looks like that Monday's episode is the first half of a two-parter, while Wednesday's episode is the conclusion, so make sure to not miss Monday's episode.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Wonder how dirty Dani's dad is going to turn out to be.

4. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Not surprisingly Monday's episode was not so much a first part of two but more a lead-in to Wednesday. Still, it's looking like at least some part of the mystery will be answered come Wednesday.

5. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Watched Monday's episode and definetly Wednesday looks like to be a good one. Got to record it tonight so I can watch it uninterrupted.

6. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

In addition to being a lead-in for tonight, there was plenty to like in Monday's episode. As usual, the two leads play very well off each other. They way they deliver their lines and their reactions are really entertaining. Plus, Dani literally-literally let her hair down....

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Jack Reese is one tricky little bird.

8. MarkMel

MarkMel Screenwriter

I like this show, it did get renewed, no?

And part of the mystery got solved, one to go. I like the way they handled that.

9. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    That was the best episode by far. The guy who played Hollis was good. I knew the bleeding girl was the missing girl because of the math. Hollis created a family five years ago, but the daughter was in her late teens or early twenties.

10. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

The show did get a full-season order.

I haven't had a chance to re-watch: did they show that Crews had two guns before he got upside-down? And neither was the revolver he had earlier, right?

11. Abe D

Abe D Agent

As far as I recall, he had two guns: the revolver and his normal service weapon. He had the revolver holstered and used it to shoot the two goons.

12. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    When Crews first arrived at the Hollis house, he stowed his service weapon on the floor of the car and pulled out the revolver. I think the implication was that he fully planned to kill Hollis and didn't want it to be traced back to his department-issued handgun.

13. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Which is how I interpreted it, but my guess is that the revolver is his old service revolver from before he was convicted, which his former partner saved for him and gave him at his barbecue party a few episodes ago? No doubt Charlie had some of 'karma' thing about killing Hollis with his old gun.

It seems a little far-fetched that Rachel would be 'adopted' by Hollis. She couldn't have been that young at the time her parents were killed (I forget the details) since she was allegedly at a sleepover, so perhaps around 8 or older? In which case 7 years later (Charlie's 12 years in prison, less Hollis's 'get right' 5 years ago) I would have thought she'd still recognise the man who killed her parents? Even if he did get a haircut and shaved off that mustache. But it does tie everything nicely.

What will Dani say when she finds out Papa is the big bad guy behind everything? And that her partner is going head-to-head with him? This is especially bearing in mind that in this episode they seem to have deliberately set up the fact that Dani believes in the "back up your partner, no matter what" mantra, per her discussions with Bobby when searching for the snake.

Whilst Charlie was digging that hole I was really wondering if he'd go through with burying Hollis alive. Nicely played, that, letting Hollis do all the talking.

When the SUV came ramming into Charlie's side, I was thinking that it might have been a random accident, whilst Charile is out and/or taken into custody Hollis gets free and runs, and that it would have been just so much piss-poor plotting with a deus ex machina release for Hollis. I'm glad it was a deliberate ram by Jack's underlings (at least I assume they are), which is more logical plot wise.

Great stuff. I'm glad that this has already been renewed. Now all I can do is hope that Journeyman is as well.

14. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

That was one of the best episodes. I finally watched it last night and very well done. Appreciated the Crew's new and old partner working together and covering for Crew. What an idea to cover the rifle in meat sauce then feed it to the snake, (poor snake). Will be very interesting to see how they approach him getting Reese and the girl back in January.

15. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I watched the first five episodes in a go a while back and mildly liked the show. Watched 6+ over the last few nights, and can say I'm honestly hooked now. Damien Lewis's American accent is much improved now, too.
    Great plotting too. If the show never returns from strike limbo, we can take satisfaction in Charlie having found the man he went to jail for. If it does, that we get to explore the conspiracy behind the conspiracy. I for one am glad they got a major chunk of it out of the way now, instead of pulling an X-Files where the mythology got so convoluted from the endless continuation of it that no satisfactory conclusion was necessary.

16. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    strike limbo, although at the end of the recent show they did sy Lfe will return in the new year.

17. Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams Supporting Actor

I read the major reason for this initial plot completion is because they didn't want to take the Lost route of 2-3 steps backward for each plot step forward. Any fan of Lost knows how frustrating it can be when a story advances at a microscopic pace. Not to mention the frequent logical question never being asked!

18. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    This would be especially unacceptable given the occupation of the main character!

19. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    Just did a marathon of the last 6 episodes. Now I want more. Was this show renewed?

20. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Yup.