What's new

Life season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I thought, when Charlie's father's fiance showed up, she told Charlie's house guest that he was her father. Did I totally mishear that?

Heh. Officer Leo.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
1995 had cellphones, carphones, the internet, and even IMs. I'm not sure what rock Charlie had been living under.

And I'll assume the Bentley was only rented for the pilot and in future episodes he'll be driving something cheaper for NBC to lease & insure.

But I do like the character, kind of a cross between House & the guy from L&O C.I.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think the issue is not so much whether those things existed in 1995 but why he's been so cut off from the world that he hasn't been aware of the infusion of technology into everyday life. I don't recall if he was in maximum security and isolated from general population. But even then...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I about fell off my couch when Charlie pulled a knife on the suspect's nards after the suspect pull the knife on Charlie's neck. It was such a prison life moment that came so natural to Charlie after 12 years in the joint.

Loving Charlie's new ride, and that was a smokin' kiss he shared with his ex-wife.

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
Out of all the new shows I've watched, this is my favorite. As long as they don't drag out his solving of the crime he didn't commit for multiple seasons.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Still enjoying the show but thought it was strange his ex-wife told him "you need to stop doing this" but then says it's the first time he's seen her in 12 years.

Abe D

Agent
Real Name
Abe D
I took it to mean that he's been pulling her husband over for innocuous traffic violations, only this time the ex-wife was also in the car.

Abe D

Agent
Real Name
Abe D
I'm loving the show. The balance between solving the main crime and the crime-of-the-week is just right. I wouldn't mind if they stretched it over a couple of seasons, but my main fear is that once it's solved it'll be all downhill from there, a la Veronica Mars. I also wouldn't mind if a couple of crime-of-the-weeks were stretched over several weeks and have them tie into the main murder somehow.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Is it just me, doesn't the ex-wife's new husband remind anyone of the new husband in californication?

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Didn't plan to check out this show, but turns out that I like it, after watching the 3 episodes. Like the main character and his partner, and his financial advisor who is a hoot.

I wonder if the mystery of his frameup will be only 1 season long like Veronica Mars, or be dragged out through the whole series like Monk.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Here's kind of a bad question. What was the crime that sent Charlie away, again? I know it was a triple murder, but who did he kill? I thought it was his own family until I wondered why he has an ex-wife.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Charlie co-owned a bar. His business partner, his business partner's wife and son were murdered.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Wow. That's news to me. I wonder how I missed all of that. Is that why the barkeep was so pissed at him last episode?

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I thought he was pissed because it was a 'cop' bar and Charlie is not a regular or welcomed cop anymore.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think it was explained in the interview with the detective, maybe prior to Charlie's seeing him in the bar.

And Christina Hendricks is going to be on Conan tonight.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The tension between Charlie and his lawyer was almost too intense and melancholy at the same time, especially since it came at the very end of the show.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It took me forever to realize that Julia was played by Jessica Pare (was Courtney on "Jack and Bobby").

The little moments between Charlie and his partner crack me up, plus I liked how Charlie parlayed a bit of solidarity when Reese's backstory was revealed by "Roman".

Regardless of whatever zen philosophy that Charlie espouses, his prison experience still allows him to put a beat-down on someone in order to dissuade further attempts by the guy who attacked Constance. You can root for a stand-up guy like that, in spite of personal and professional costs to Charlie (though since he's loaded, the repurcussions are as steep for him as they would be for others less affluent).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks