What's new

LF: Pioneer CLD-59 Manual (1 Viewer)

Patrick Zapatka

Stunt Coordinator
Folks,

Anyone have a ,pdf version of the Pioneer CLD-59 laserdisc player manual - or maybe able to point me towards one?

I have scoured the internet, included these forums, without any luck. Picked on up for $100, so just want to re-familiarize myself with it. Cheers,

Patrick

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I have an OK Photocopy somewhere of at least most of one. I used to own one. What pages did you need?

Patrick Zapatka

Stunt Coordinator
Whatever you feel like sending me. If you don't have the capabilities to scan it into .pdf format, you could send it to me and I could do it and send it back or just send the file to you.

I would appreciate anything, actually. Cheers,

Patrick

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I looked and I don't have the whole manual but I'll scan in what I have and get it sent to you. I only had the CLD-59 a short time many moons ago. I started with a 406 I got from a friend, got the 59, then 79, then I finished the basement and left the 79 in the main system and traded the 59 plus some cash for a 704 I stuck in the basement as the 79 and 704 are essentially the same machine. I think someone asked me for some of the pages for the 59 and I photocopied them before I got rid of the player.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Wow. It's hard to believe there are any manuals from the last few decades that can't be found online, whether for free or at a price. Maybe I've just been lucky with the few I've had to seek out.

Are there any sites where people are encouraged to upload scans of manuals as a service to the community? (Older stuff, of course -- I'm guessing that most everything contemporary is routinely available for download from the manufacturers' sites.) Or are these still considered to be worth enough bucks here and there that you wouldn't get much of a response? I do appreciate the ones that have been nicely reprinted and bound -- a convenience I've found it well worth paying a few $ for a couple of times. But it would be great if people would put them online for the benefit of quick reference.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Yes - hi-fi engine is one where I believe you can upload stuff. LD doesn't have the interest it once had. Even in the early days of DVD there was still decent levels of interest. I got into it late. A friend gave me a deal on a player and a couple of discs and I picked up the Star Wars Trilogy (way before it was on DVD) and ended up with 135-140 discs (I still have not watched a bunch I got at an estate sale probably around 8 years back).

Originally Posted by Chas in CT

Wow. It's hard to believe there are any manuals from the last few decades that can't be found online, whether for free or at a price. Maybe I've just been lucky with the few I've had to seek out.

Are there any sites where people are encouraged to upload scans of manuals as a service to the community? (Older stuff, of course -- I'm guessing that most everything contemporary is routinely available for download from the manufacturers' sites.) Or are these still considered to be worth enough bucks here and there that you wouldn't get much of a response? I do appreciate the ones that have been nicely reprinted and bound -- a convenience I've found it well worth paying a few $ for a couple of times. But it would be great if people would put them online for the benefit of quick reference.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Patrick - I sent you a PM

Originally Posted by Patrick Zapatka

Whatever you feel like sending me. If you don't have the capabilities to scan it into .pdf format, you could send it to me and I could do it and send it back or just send the file to you.

I would appreciate anything, actually. Cheers,

Patrick

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
You can probably buy the complete manual through Pioneer's service department. Some makers have manuals available on-line, & Sony Japan actually gave me a .PDF of the manual for one of their obsolete products free a month or so back, although you can't count on that.

bridesmaid

Auditioning
Real Name
bridesmaid
I'm guessing that most everything contemporarywholesale bridesmaid dresses is routinely available for download from the manufacturers' sites.) Or are these still considered to be worth enough bucks here and there thatcheap bridesmaids dresses you wouldn't get much of a response? I do appreciate the ones that have been nicely reprinted and bound -- affordable bridesmaid dresses a convenience I've found it well worth paying a few $ for a couple of times. But it would be great if people would put them online for the benefit of quick reference junior bridesmaid dresses .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks