What's new

Letterman Guest Host review thread... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Figured it wouldn't be too bad to have a thread on this. Especially since LEtterman might be out for at least another month...

Watching Bill Cosby right now. He started off a little slow, but then he got right into it...

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Was there some reason Cosby didn't use the desk? I only saw bits of the show, but he was always sitting in a guest chair.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
He did that when he guest-hosted last year, too. He said it was out of respect for Dave. Janeane Garafolo did the same thing.

Ike

Screenwriter
Bill Cosby was good. Elvis was the best. I liked Vince Vaugn, too.

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
I saw a couple of the shows with guest hosts but never heard why they were there... what's wrong with Dave?

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Anyone else find the CueCard joke with Bill a little confusing? At first, I thought it was almost an insult, because they figured his monolouge went on way too long, and they figured they'd better interupt. And later they'd turn it into a running gag..

speaking of bills, I'm surprised Bill Murray hasn't been asked yet.

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
Same here Patrick. I thought the Lee Greenwood number stirred up some emotions. If you noticed, Kimberly Locke had tears streaming down her face, the first time they sang. She must have friends or family fighting over there. I'm not even American, and I thought it was particularly touching, especially with Josh doing the opening lines.

Marc.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed Paul Schaffer's turn as host... That had to be pretty weird for him to see the show from that side for the first time.

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I saw Luke Wilson guest host the show last night. He did a great job but I could tell he was uncomfortable. Does anyone have a list of all the people who guest hosted the show? Thanks!

Vin

Supporting Actor
Does anyone have a list of all the people who guest hosted the show?
I think the only ones not already mentioned here (although I feel like I've forgotten someone) are:

Will Ferrell
Whoopie Goldberg

My favorite was Vince Vaughn but I gotta say, he got a lot of help from Rosie Perez....what a pisser!

Vin

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator
Luke Wilson hosted last night? Too bad I missed it.
Wow, all 3 stars of OLD SCHOOL have hosted.... I smell a conspiracy... corporate influence?....;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks