What's new

Let's talk Beer (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Cool packaging even if the beer is not so great: Miller in "camoflage" cans just in time for hunting season.
6pkcMillerHighLife12oz.jpg

The can helpfully suggests "Enjoy After the Adventure".

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
WOW, a blast from the past...I'm so hooked on Belgian ales right now, PranQster is at the top of my list, as is Delerium Nocturnum, so delish!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ron-P /forum/thread/85481/let-s-talk-beer/660#post_3602151
WOW, a blast from the past...
6-19-02! /img/vbsmilies/htf/thumbsup.gif">
One of the classic HTF threads.
To keep on-topic, Whenever I do enjoy a beer (which isn't all that often) I tend to lean towards the work of a great American patriot:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /forum/thread/85481/let-s-talk-beer/660#post_3602207
To keep on-topic, Whenever I do enjoy a beer (which isn't all that often) I tend to lean towards the work of a great American patriot
Does anyone here miss the seasonal varieties when they pass? I'm more of a whiskey man, but both my father and my former roommate are always bummed when Summer Ale gives way to Octoberfest.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hmmm. I was just perusing the various Pumpkin Ales and October beers in my local market this afternoon...wondering what I had on-hand at home.

I've never tried them...but they intrigue me each fall.

Randy_Sh

Stunt Coordinator
Wow. I posted quite a bit in this thread way back...think that I accumulated most of my HT forum posts in it...

Just got back from a week at the beach - nothing better than the Ocean waves and a cold one to enjoy. I was on a kick of Negra Modelo this past week...very good beach beer. Relunctantly switched to Corona when the Negra Modelo supply ran out...

I had an interesting brew when I was back in Pittsburgh over the July 4th weekend. Church Brew Works - if you haven't been, you gotta go just for the building itself alone - had a Pepper Ale on tap. Subtle hint of pepper - more was detectable through the nose than the mouth...very nice beer. Enjoyed a couple Pints of that...

Got nothing in the frig right now...will stock up later this week.

Randy

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Trader Joe's 2009 Vintage Ale...

While the last several years have yielded less then tasty results this years is quite different, in fact, it's fantastic. A Belgium style (near black) dark ale, light bodied, with hints of citrus and cocoa, and a medium tan colored head. It pours quite bubbly but mellows out in about 10 minutes. At $4.99 for a 750ml it cannot be beat.

If you live near a TJ's and like Belgium style ales pick up a bottle.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Some other beers I love:

Pelican Brewery: Scotish Ale
Pelican Brewery: Porter
Stone Brewery: Smoked Porter
Stone Brewery: Arragent Bastard
Stone Brewery: Arragent Bastard Oaked
Stone Brewery: Pale Ale
Firestone DBA
Firestone 31
Blue Moon: Honey Moon
Bare Knuckle Ale
Sam Adams: Chocolate Stout
Sam Adams: Black Lager
Sam Adams: Octoberfest
Kostirer Schwarzbier
La Chouffe
Dragon Lore's Stout
That is all I can think of off the top of my head.... man there are soooo many beers, to little time!!!

Any chance if I was to send you money, you could hook a fella up with some Dragon's Milk!!!! I have been soooooo wanting some of this and nobody in my area has it. I would be forever grateful!!!!!!
Originally Posted by adams82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Michigan beer all the way... Bell's, Founder's, New Holland, Kuhnhenn, Sherwood... I could go on and on.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
A couple of weeks ago I attended the Stone Beer Fest in San Marcos, CA. There were 42 breweries attending with 4-6 beers at each. I bought a ticket that got me into a limited tent with some beers that were aged over 8 years. Simply put...FANTASTIC. One of a kind beers that no one will be able to ever have again.

This was the fist time I tried some "Sours"as well, one comes to mind called "Supplication". It's brewed by Russian River, you know the guys that make "Pliney the Elder". Well, let me just say, I am hooked. Next year I will attend the Stone Sour Beer Fest as well as this one.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
If any of you fine ale drinkers live near a Karl Strauss you owe it to your taste buds to go and have a pint of their FLAN-DIDDLY-ANDERS RED.

This is one amazing ale. Here's a breif discript from their website...

Our version of a Flanders-style Red Ale is as tart as it is complex. A special lactic fermentation in the brew kettle provides its distinct sour fruit character that comes through in overtures of cherries, pomegranate, and black currants.

Only on tap this month. I picked up a growler yesterday and will be going back for another tomorrow. It is now one of my top 10 favorite ales.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
A question about storing beer: in my younger days I was told that once a beer was refrigerated, it should not be allowed to come to room temp. This would produce a beer not in the peek of condition after re-refrigerating. Anyone else heard of this? Is it accurate?

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
As long as it is unopened you are fine, letting refrigerated beer reach room temp and then cooling it back down again will not affect the beer, at least from my experience and it's happened on many, many occasions. But, once opened, it will go flat if refrigerated for a second time.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
Quote:Originally Posted by Ron-P

WOW, a blast from the past...

6-19-02! /img/vbsmilies/htf/thumbsup.gif">

One of the classic HTF threads.

To keep on-topic, Whenever I do enjoy a beer (which isn't all that often) I tend to lean towards the work of a great American patriot:

(Sam Adams)

Quote by Adam Lenhardt:
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

To keep on-topic, Whenever I do enjoy a beer (which isn't all that often) I tend to lean towards the work of a great American patriot (Sam Adams)

Does anyone here miss the seasonal varieties when they pass? I'm more of a whiskey man, but both my father and my former roommate are always bummed when Summer Ale gives way to Octoberfest.
I still like the Sam Adams. And my favorite is the Summer Ale and I WAS very bummed this year, Adam, when it gave way to Octoberfest.

I've recently had some Shiner Bock I really liked and some Dogfish Head IPA that was really good. I have concluded that I don't lean towards beers with lots of hops (bitter) and tend to prefer those "lighter" in flavor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks