Lets see pics of 'non dedicated' theater set ups-like in a rec room

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Frank_D, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Frank_D

Frank_D Agent

I am looking for some ideas for my basement. It is going to be one big room broken up into separate areas for a bar, a tv area an exercise area and a pool table & fooseball table. Kind of one big rec room.

There are allot of awesome dedicated theaters on hear but I am looking for some pictures of rec rooms and basements with a tv included. I have seen some really nice set ups but I am sure there are more out there.

I did go into the gallery but most of those links are dead or have tons of pop ups.

So lets see what you guys have.

Thanks!

2. Eric M Jones

Eric M Jones Second Unit

3. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Here are some pics of our Rec Room. We are working on a dedicated theater that should be done in 5 or 6 months (or when I have time).

[​IMG]

The rear channel speakers retract into the ceiling when not in use.

[​IMG]

And lower when it's movie time.

[​IMG]

This is a view from behind the sectional sofa of the TV. Our equipment is in a Middle Atlantic rack on the left.

[​IMG]

Here is close up of the rack. Sorry the pic is so dark.

[​IMG]

Here is a shot from the front of the room looking back. A pool table will eventually occupy the empty space.

[​IMG]

A view from the bar. We still have to frame the hanging cloth.

[​IMG]

Another view of the front.

4. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Mine is still in the planning stages.. but, I was thinking of using a counter/bar type space to act as a second row of seating:
    [​IMG]

hmm... guess I forgot to render my speakers in that pic. Well, you get the idea.

5. Frank_D

Frank_D Agent

AWESOME! Thanks guys. Just what I was looking for!

Eric, I love the drop down screen!!! I have been trying to come up with ideas for a good size tv and a projector and this a great idea. I have the same colors picked out too.

Keep the pictures coming guys!

6. Kevin_F

Kevin_F Stunt Coordinator

Nice pictures guys.

Adam, how do you find the sound travels considering that your space is not enclosed? The reason I am asking is that my basement will be open when it is complete. Like Frank, I will have somewhat of a rec room, TV/movie area with theater seating, pool table, bar, gym with no walls seperating any of these spaces.

7. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Kevin-
    I actually do have doors at either end of the hall that leads to the rec room. We have only used the area once when we had a party, and I don't recall hearing the movie playing downstairs when we were upstairs--granted the movie was Christmas Vacation, and we also had Christmas music playing upstairs...

8. Josh Meier

Josh Meier Agent

If you look at my gallery you can see the theater that I share with a rec room.