What's new

Lethal Weapon review (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Here is where you will find one of the first Lethal Weapon reviews.

They say it's not grand, but okay to own.

Also there is only the theatrical version availible.

I'm thinking about getting this.
Hopefully we can get a confirmation if it's true HD and not like the Fugitive, any of our own reviewers?

Can a mod fix the title, I forgot the "O" Thanks!

Lethal Weapon review

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was going to buy this disc, but not now. I'll wait until another HD release in which they can have both versions of the film on the disc. Also, I prefer the DC of the film.

Crawdaddy

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

I prefer the theatrical cut, but it sounds like there's not much of an improvement over the DVD version.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I rarely base my purchasing decision on reviews. I've disagreed with them too many times over the years to really trust what their seeing and hearing as getting the same results for me.

Crawdaddy

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I (unwisely) sold my original Lethal Weapon DVD before the new DVD release streeted. I like some of the additions to the new cut, but overall I prefer the theatrical version. I am somewhat surprised that this is the theatrical cut, but this will give me a little more incentive to pick up this release. Looking forward to re-experiencing this title on HD DVD.

- Walter.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I'm REALLY annoyed by reviews that complain about the presence of (gasp!) film grain. Since when did film grain become some "evil" thing? If it was present in the film to begin with, I WANT the video to show it. That tells me it's being faithful to the source. Anyone who thinks film grain is always to be despised and eliminated really should watch only HD video.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Right, Robert. The key to film grain in a transfer is how well it has been handled by the compressionist. Does it sparkle (bad), or does it look like film grain (good)?

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Oh God....I have visions of idiots complaining about all that grain that shouldn't exist in the glorious new age of HD.....and yet ANOTHER round of complaints about picture defects because of the way Spielberg shot certain scenes. :angry:

Steve Blair

Second Unit
What are those bright, splotchy parts in the picture? I think my hd dvd is bad ;) Yes, you can expect this question ALL OVER AGAIN in the near future.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yeah i saw SPR HD on cable and it looked great, but people shall complain because of the grain which is supposed to be there. My other gripe already is people complaining when a movie does not have colors that pop out, when they are meant to be

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks