What's new

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!...in Maryland (1 Viewer)

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
Finally, the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan areas are getting some decent snowfall. It looks beautiful out there this morning. The weather forecasters are predicting 6-10" by the time its all over. Winter stunk last year because we barely got any snow.

I am so geeked to actually use my snowthrower. That thing did nothing but collect dust last winter.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
It's snowing here in Delaware. They are talking about an accumulation of 6-8".

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Good luck. Having lived in the Baltimore-Washington area while I was in college, I know that any snowfall out there over an inch or two is considered a winter emergency...sending people into panic and clearing out the store shelves. :laugh:

Andrej Dolenc

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, even people in the office were talking about buying all the milk, bread, and TP they could get their hands on. I snicker as I zip by on my snow tires clad BMW.

Andrej

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
You've got snow tires on already Andrej? I was all determined to bike in today, I did put full knobbie tires on my commuter but then they mentioned a bigger snowfall than before like anywhere from 4-8. Not that worried about the snow on the trails, but 8inches is a bit much and I'm more worried about plows plowing all that snow onto the little to no shoulders on the short 1/2 mile stretch of road I need to go home one.

So far, there's only like 2inches on the ground here at 12noon up by NYC. Everything is pretty now, I just love it. Hopefully I can get some good snowshoeing in during christmas break.

One bad thing is that it's not real good snowman snow, it's dry and fluffly.

Jay

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it's so funny the way everybody around here goes into a panic at even the mention of snow. They seem to forget that this is in fact the 21st century and stores actually stay open and are accesible if there's a few inches of snow of the ground. Just got done watching Goldmember and gonna watch Fiddler on the Roof later today.

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
ahhhhhhhhhhh!! It's snowing in Maryland and we're all gonna come to our end. The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Yeah...makes me laugh every time we have a snow event around here. Blown WAY out of proportion at times.

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
It was blown so out of proportion that Montgomery County MD schools decided to close before the snow even started. This is unprecedented... the last time they decided to close schools because of snow, we were already in class. :)
Anyway we have around 6 inches and counting here, it's very nice to wake up to a white landscape for once. First time in 3 years, I think.

Andrej Dolenc

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, I'm on my snows already. I went up to Boston over Thanksgiving and did some skiing, figured I'd better be on snows for that. We had about 6" of snow in the morning when I took off for work and it's kept up steadily.

Time for some more snowy donuts in my car and then drive home. Ain't nothing going on in the office here. Good thing I have 2 discs of supplemental material to go thru from the 4 disk LOTR movie!

Andrej

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
You guys are welcome to it. I have to do my own snow removal this year, so the less we get up here, the better! :)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Oh man any other college kids saying hallelujah today? Many of us at GMU had a boatload of projects and presentations due this morning, myself included. I couldn't get one of my internship forms signed due to the supervisor being away and this is the last day to turn em in. Looks like the due date is gonna be extended, ayeeeeee!!!! :D

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Up here in Delaware, I've been listening off and on to Phillly news, and you would think this is the first snowfall the area has ever seen. It's ridiculous. As far as the news services in Philly and Delaware are concerned, there is nothing else going on in the world. I can't complain. I got out of work at noon. The roads were a bit snowy and slushy, but I had no problems driving.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I did go out and get milk and bread yesterday

Because we were out

Looks like 8-10" here in Philly, which means that going out today really hasn't been that good of an idea, but tomorrow should be fine

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
Yesterday was full-on awesome. It was fun playing around in the snow with the kids. Yayhoo!!! And I finally got to use my snowthrower!!!

Damn...now that the snow storm is over, what am I gonna do with all this milk, bread, and toilet paper...j/k.

Bill_Weinreich

Second Unit
Was I the only one who drudged to work yesterday? Took me two and a half hours (normally about an hour) in my 5.0L Mustang. Talk about a wild ride.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Bill, as you may remember, I am up the road a piece in Bear. I went into work up in New Castle a little late. I guess I got in at about 9:15 a.m. It took about 50 minutes for me to traverse Rts. 40 and 13, as they were utter messes. I checked the radio and the company phone hotline numerous time before leaving to see if the company had shut down for the day, but they did not. What really concerned me was that WJBR was reporting accidents on every major roadway in Delaware all morning. Apparently, Rt. 1 was a mess. One of my colleagues commutes from Rt. 1 South, and he said he saw many cars in ditches along the way. Amazing.

Bill_Weinreich

Second Unit
I had left for work about 6:00 and had to drive to St. Michaels, Md. (about 60 miles) Makes for an awfully long drive at about 25MPH. But i figure no work = no money, no money = no food, and I can be a bit grumpy when I'm hungry:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks