What's new

Let BLOCKBUSTER know how we feel re: widescreen (1 Viewer)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
So I rent a BB flick this weekend: Daredevil. It is a two disck set. There are about 20 pan n scan and only 3 THREE! widescreen of which two were out (ALL of the P+S were on the shelf) Other movies widescreen editions were completely out.

When I complained to the sales clerk he told me that pan/scan rent better. (remember, the ones that were all on the shelf!)

I get home, and my two disk sets includes the extra features disk in widescreen and the feature disk in FULLSCREEN! AAAARGH!

When I returned with them the district manager was there. My first reflex was to ram it up his.. ankle. Instead I politely complained not only about the disk but also the limited widescreen selection.

He told me that the mindless masses (my word, not his) complain so loudly about the dreaded 'black bars' that BB is considering not carrying ANY widescreen.

I asked him to whom I could loudly complain to in favor of widescreen and he suggested the webiste might be most productive; so here it is:

Blockbuster

He says the more messages the better.

It would seem to me that the solution is simple: Just put the widescreens in different colored cases or big colored lables. Maybe GREEN or RED or something. Write WIDESCREEN really really big on it for gawdsakes!

Maybe if we all band together we can save Blockbuster from the mindless masses!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Supposedly Blockbuster just changed their policy to only stock widescreen. Either you have a rogue store, or Blockbuster is changing their policy every other day.

I do agree that those who rent widescreen titles need to compliment their stores with every rental that you appreciate them having widescreen available. Don't just complain when you're unhappy; compliment when you're pleased as well. :)

E

Eric Kahn

I have several movies that are both versions, just flip the disk over
It may be sacrilege to say so, but they should make all movies that way, then there would be no problem

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Blockbuster has recently changed it's policy and now only stocks Widescreen rentals.

Your store is either a franchise or a weirdo.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Yes, either way, they are not doing the name any good. You should report them to the main office.

Glenn

SteveCop

Agent
Off topic....but rumor is that Blockbuster is going to merge with Columbia House, as reported in the Friday edition of the WSJ.

David Susilo

Screenwriter
I thought BB is owned by Universal. So Universal is merging with Columbia? In the end, there will only be monopoly.

David Susilo

Screenwriter
Thanks for the clarification. This, however, still be another step forward towards global monopoly. Paramount and Columbia together?.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
The WSJ article made it sound more like Viacom (father) is looking for a rich, young suitor (Columbia House) to come along and take his problem daughter (Blockbuster) off his hands. :D

David Susilo

Screenwriter
Somebody should give them a kick in the head. I went to several BB in my area, my work area and my performance area. They only carry PS versions of those titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks