What's new

"lesser" Peanuts specials on DVD? (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I have them too. CBS/Paramount could always put them in on any forthcoming DVDs.

I second the motion of bringing in Paul Brownstein to produce some Peanuts DVDs. It seems he's the only one in the business, or one of the few, who actually champions high quality and extras on TV show DVDs.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a redone Charlie Brown Christmas, not DVNR'd, and with the Coca-Cola material (considering Sony can release two miniseries with the Columbia Pictures Television logo with the Coca-Cola byline that accompanied them, not to mention BCI clearing the multitude of products hawked on "Match Game," why can't they clear this? It's free advertising!)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

WOW! What a deal! Seven bucks for a half hour (plus one of the crappy 90's specials)? Consider me shocked and amazed.

I bought the Halloween/Thanksgiving/Xmas boxed set for 40 bucks before I quickly came to my senses. The way that Paramount treats this show is shamful, and I aint touching 'em until someday wiser heads prevail and we get a box at a reasonable price.

Ah well, I can dream.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley

Here's another reason why they need special editions of all the Peanuts specials, aimed at adults instead of 3 year olds. There's a huge adult fanbase for Peanuts that is rarely serviced.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian

It's been on YouTube for quite a while. Always wondered why the sound faded out before the final line of the song:

(Though the poster says he accidentally deleted the last bit of it a few years ago... it originally went on to say, "It's the real thing -- Coke!")

jra166

Grip
Real Name
Jason Ader
By no means are they complete, but they look pretty decent.

ezydvd.com.au/mech/quicksearch.zml?f=title&q=peanuts

While I would pretty much buy just about any Peanuts release at this point, I would be absolutely floored if they were to announce both a box set of the various specials, as well as a box set of the TV show.

I have bought everything that they have released to this point with the intention of showing them that this type of release is wanted (yes, I even bought "It's The Pied Piper, Charlie Brown"), but it would all be worth it if they were to release something whose appeal would be more nostalgic, then just aimed towards children!

Maybe if we're lucky, this Christmas season we'll have some Peanuts under the tree...(at least I hope!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks