What's new

Lens shift on the Sanyo Z4 (1 Viewer)

John Menoni

Stunt Coordinator
There is lots of talk about the vertical lens shift on this model. From what I have read it also has a horizontal lens shift. How much could I shift the lens to the side? Could I put the projector say, 5 feet to the left of the middle of the screen? If so, would that effect the picture quality? I was about to go with a BenQ 7700 but now that I have read about the Sanyo Z4 and the Panasonic 900, the installation options and the picture quality have me leaning heavily toward either LCD models. If I could put the Sanyo way off to the side, it would help my problem room immensely! Any input would be greatly appreciated!:)

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
John, the z4 has the same lenshift as the z2. Take a look at this page, it's better than any description I can try to write:
http://www.sanyo-lcdp.com/z2/setting1.html

That said, if you use the lenshift to the very extreme , there might be some minor pq issues that appear. In my experience with the z2, a bit poorer focus uniformity and color uniformity. That might not be an issue with the z4, I don't know. I use my lens shift pretty agressively but not maxed out and am pretty happy.

John Menoni

Stunt Coordinator
I only need a few inches vertically. I need quite a bit more horizontilly. What will my results look like do you think?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Hard for me to say, I have the Panasonic 900, and just barely getting it set up so far. Mine is pretty hard edged tho, very little nudge factor at the extremes.

Sam

John Menoni

Stunt Coordinator
Hopefully there will be a review in the near future that goes into detail about the Z4's lens shift. Even if I can't place the projector way off to the side, it still may be the best choice because of the sharpness of the projector. It seems like the AE900 has a feature that flattens out any type of noise so it ends up dulling the picture slightly. That is why the Sanyo is sharper. The only problem is that the Sanyo probably has a bit of noise. However, it seems that as long as your sitting 1 1/2 times the screen width away from the screen you won't be able to see the artifacts anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks