What's new

Lego star wars 3 wii-save (1 Viewer)

oliver2005

Auditioning
Real Name
Susanna
My son just got the game and has been playing a lot. Though we can´t figure out how to avoid start from the absolute beginning everytime, really annoying. Have to put the game on pause overnight instead. Please help!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Dunno about the latest game, but the older Lego Star Wars game was very annoying like that, too (I have the PS3 version). I think you have to get through a complete mission in order for it to save your progress.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I answered this question (I think it was for Aaron, actually) in a previous thread, but saving occurs automatically at the end of a level. However, you can "force" the game to save at any point through the pause menu by choosing whatever option sends you back to the main hub (the ship in III, Mos Eisley in The Complete Saga, Hogwarts in Harry Potter, et cetera). So long as you have added at least a single stud to your total, one of the options should be "save and exit ."

For example, in Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga (I have both the 360 and PS3 versions, but it's the same for Wii), if you start a level, destroy something, and collect 1 stud, you can pause, and select "save and exit."

There is one level in TCS that doesn't allow this (I think it's the first level in episode III), but otherwise it works everywhere.

If you are in the hub world and you do not want to start a level just to force a save, you can also go to the place in the hub world that lets you make your own lego man (it's the bacta tanks for Star Wars, the robe shop for Harry Potter). Simply choose a character, and change absolutely anything--give him a new hat!--and when you exit, it will force a save.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
This may or may not be useful, but whenever I wanted to save in the first Lego SW games, I'd go to the "custom character" portion from the hub (where you can mix/match heads, torsos, etc.) then exit it immediately. That always saves the game, complete with floating "saving" icon. (Kind of lame, yes.)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Steve Y

This may or may not be useful, but whenever I wanted to save in the first Lego SW games, I'd go to the "custom character" portion from the hub (where you can mix/match heads, torsos, etc.) then exit it immediately. That always saves the game, complete with floating "saving" icon. (Kind of lame, yes.)

I said this exact thing, mere two posts above (in the final paragraph) :)

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Josh Dial

I said this exact thing, mere two posts above (in the final paragraph) :)

You had such thorough explanations and solutions that the last little bit escaped my eyes. (I usually do read before posting, honest!) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks