What's new

Legends of Tomorrow (The CW) (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Another "major character death." Groan. Yawn.

Wentworth Miller was one of the best things about Legends. Not having him every week is a detriment.

If we weren't so used to this kind of thing on TV, having regulars/leads dying would be important. But in this world of everyone is expendable (which is more accurate to reality, btw), it doesn't feel surprising anymore. Even Laurel dying was a "meh" for me. Is this a by product of the TV times we live in? I think so.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I forgot about the new Prison Break series - I wonder if that made a difference. That was picked up for mid-season.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Really confused. Why can't they use the ship to go back and save Rip's family? For that matter, why can't Sara go back and save her sister? What good is a time machine if you can't do these things?

And how was the Waverider in three different time periods at the same time? Or was it? Like I said, confused.

The temporal mechanics of this show are very complicated, unlike, say, Back to the Future.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Greg Berlanti, I love you. You have made my Superhero dreams come true. CANNOT WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR ON THE CW/DC TV UNIVERSE!!!!!!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Really confused. Why can't they use the ship to go back and save Rip's family? For that matter, why can't Sara go back and save her sister?
Short answer: Because time travel in the Arrowverse makes no damn sense, and the rules change from week to week based on the needs of the plot.

Longer answer: If this were "Doctor Who", Rip Hunter murdering RIp Hunter's wife and son would be a fixed point, since so many momentous events (including the entirety of this first season) were the consequence of that one moment in time. But time travel in this universe clearly doesn't work like that. And for that matter, given that the pre-time travel Vandal Savage was somehow killed in both 1958 and 1975 and the post-time travel Vandal Savage was killed in 2021, he couldn't conquer the world and couldn't kill Rip's wife and son, who might not even have been born at all in the drastically revised timeline.

Likewise, even if we accept that Sara being present for Laurel's death would have only gotten her killed as well and made the whole situation with Darhk much worse, she should be able to take Laurel's body in the aftermath and bring it back in time to before the Lazarus Pit was destroyed.

And how was the Waverider in three different time periods at the same time? Or was it? Like I said, confused.
They wanted an epic final fight taking place in three different time periods, and obviously didn't care too much if the logic held together to make it happen.

Other than the time travel logic being severely problematic, I think this finale suffered a bit from having to serve too many masters. In addition to wrapping up the Vandal Savage storyline, it had to address the fallout from "Arrow's" big death and lay the groundwork for whatever Captain Cold's future is within this universe.

On the other hand, I was pleased that Hawkman and Hawkgirl left the team to finally seize their happily ever after. I was gratified that they stuck to their promise and conclusively wrapped up the Vandal Savage arc. And the introduction of Rex Tyler/Hourman -- and by extension the Justice Society of America -- is a nice jolt to take us into the next season.

If they're worried about having another speedster steal some of the title character's thunder on "The Flash", I wouldn't mind if they moved Jesse Quick to this show given the character's long association with the JSA on the page.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
I don't find there to be anything problematic about the time travel. The waverider wasn't in three time periods at the same time. It visited three time periods sequentially.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
I laugh-out-loud at Heatwave's comment when the Hawks flew off at the end of the episode.
"They remind of chicken" or something like it.
COOL. Hourman. :)
Disappointed that they killed off Sgt. Rock. :(

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Seeing Patrick J. Adams as Rex Tyler was a surprise. Either Suits is ending or he is going to be able to juggle both shows (both short seasons?). I wonder who else they'll pick up for next season.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Seeing Patrick J. Adams as Rex Tyler was a surprise. Either Suits is ending or he is going to be able to juggle both shows (both short seasons?). I wonder who else they'll pick up for next season.

Based on teasers, I'd say the Sandman (Wesley Dodds) and Dr. Mid-night (Charles McNider) are safe bets. Beyond that, who knows? Greg Berlanti has said in an interview that Alan Scott is off limits.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
So if Carter and Shayera are mortal now, then she will never resurrect, which means that Carter can never resurrect, so how can there be a future Carter? Shouldn't he have ceased to exist as soon as they killed Savage?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Whew! I was uncertain about LoT in the beginning. But it found its stride halfway through. The shows running up the final, following the silly wild west episode, were super fun! The penultimate episode was my favorite. The finale itself was rushed and felt a little deus ex machina, but I give it a pass because of the strength of the run up and the good vibes it gave in bringing the story to a proper one-season conclusion.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Maisie Richardson-Sellers joins "Legends of Tomorrow" as the new Vixen

Richardson-Sellars will be a series regular for the second season, playing an ancestor of Megalyn Echikunwoke's character from the "Vixen" animated series/that one "Arrow" episode.

This casting has me significantly more excited about the second season. She was one of the best things about "The Originals" during her run on that show, playing two very different characters occupying the same body.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't sure where to post this, since it covers all of the CW DC superhero shows, but The CW just released a really fun sizzle reel for its DC-on-CW shows:

I do think it's funny how much mileage The CW is getting out of the Season 1 "Supergirl" footage, with the beautiful sunny lighting of the Los Angeles-based location shooting and the Big Three-level production values.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks