What's new

Left-handed people beware! (1 Viewer)

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
This is a good point. If you're learing to perform certain tasks for the first time, such as guitar-playing or driving, it doesn't really matter which hand you use, as you're learning it anyway. I'm a lefty, but I play guitar right-handed, as well as have my drumkit set up for a righty.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The most important thing I've learned to do right-handed is how to use a right-handed manual can opener.

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

It was just a bad & not so funny joke Dennis, implying that for the shotgun shell to be ejected away from the arm holding the shotgun you'd have to turn the gun around with the barrel towards your eye.

Mike Wilk

Stunt Coordinator
Don't forget turning keys in locks. I also had to learn to only use my right hand for mousing otherwise I'd never been able to help coworkers. Besides, it's not easy finding a lefty mouse anyway.

I've never seen ambidextrous scissors. When using regular scissors, the blades do not close together as well when I try to use my left hand so they tend to fold rather than slice the paper neaty. I was humiliated by my third grade (IIRC) teacher in front of the whole class for trying to use my left hand for scissoring. (:

YMMV

DustinLC

Supporting Actor
While this report isn't convincing, I have heard studies that show certain dangerous equipments intended for right-handers operated by left-handers end up with greater number of accidents. When thinking about this (I'm left-handed), it makes sense for unique dangerous equipment. I can't think of such machine though :D.

I'm left-handed in writing but right-handed in everything else because when people show me how to do things throughout my life, I copy them using my right hand (e.g. batting, holding a chopstick). There are certain things that I can never do well. I blame it on the fact that I used my right hand to learn, sports, for example. Thus, I can imagine how I could be less efficient if I imitate right-handers with my right hand..... possibly result in accidents.

I can't imagine accidents with common things like scissor. Whether a left-hander use his left hand or right hand like me, he would have perfected the skill already at a very young age.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter

Sshh... we already added that in religions about the "devil's hand" we can't let them on that it's planned this way.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks