What's new

Led Zeppelin to reform - Robert Plant confirms the rumours (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

The specs I am seeing suggest that it won't have a lossless or uncompressed audio track on either format.

That would be a big disappointment.

Brian

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
True, but by the time I have a room (and equipment) capable of reflecting the difference, BD will be obsolete anyway. ;)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
From the BBC

"Thousands of Led Zeppelin fans have been notified they were successful in the ticket lottery for the rock band's one-off reunion concert.
Tickets for the show, on 26 November at London's O2 arena, cost of £125 each, plus booking fee.

"Much to my surprise, I'm one of the lucky ones," fan Padraic Conway wrote to the BBC News website. "I'm stunned!"

But many were left disappointed - more than one million people had applied for the 20,000 tickets."

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone heard Plant's new album with Alison Krauss? It is absolutely lovely. Percy is in fine form, and how cool would it be if she joined the boys on stage in London for a little 'Battle of Evermore?'

Is this show going to be filmed? Anyone hear anything?

DarrenHo

Stunt Coordinator
heard on the radio this am that jimmy paige broke his finger and the concert is delayed 2 weeks.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I was just listening to Led Zep IV late last night. What a great album!

The acoustic guitars on Going to California are superb on the vinyl version (Classic Records).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Ze setlist:

Good Times Bad Times
Ramble On
Black Dog
In My Time Of Dying
For Your Life
Trampled Underfoot
Nobody's Fault But Mine
No Quarter
Since I've Been Loving You
Dazed And Confused
Stairway To Heaven
The Song Remains The Same
Misty Mountain Hop
Kashmir
Whole Lotta Love
Rock And Roll

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/33075

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Opinions vary.
An old friend was worried because she had never really enjoyed Allison's vocals.
Too sweet and easy, like Ravi Shankar's little girl.

But, Allison cuts loose a few times on this disc. She also sings from the male perspective (well, maybe) several times.

Zep could be very mellow of course.

35 or so years ago...(those of you who listen to WPDH Poughkeepsie will not believe this)...suffering from a lack of funereal organ music for a 15 minute program sponsored by a Hudson Valley mortuary, I used the opening 30 or so seconds of "Your Time Is Gonna Come" (and never saw the irony 'til now) for the programs intro.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
"Brought to you by Hudson Valley Mortuary, because your time is going to come. Don't leave your loved ones dazed and confused in your time of dying. Hudson Valley Mortuary. Your friend when you're laid out on the tiles."

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
:)

You understand, on Sunday morning when that was happening, the chance that anyone listening KNEW the music was zero.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Funny.

I used to listen to WPDH during the early to mid 80s.

BTW, saw recent pics of Jimmy Page and man does he look old :eek:

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Hardly, unfortunately.
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss just announced their tour, spring of 2008, UK, rest of Europe and the US (I guess).
My bet would be either, no more LZ shows, ever, or maybe one or two more, like MSG, NY, and one in LA, perhaps...but a tour, no way!

Here's hoping to a DVD from the O2 show, after having listened to an audience recording of it, I know they still totally rock (as if I didn't know that before ;))

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
A lot of news reports the day after the show stated that a tour is a definite possibility. Who knows? . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks