Led Zeppelin DVD and CD, Best Deal?

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Chris Farmer, May 25, 2003.

1. Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer Screenwriter

Was wondering what peopel had found for the best deals on the new Led Zeppelin DVD and How the West Was Won CD sets? Is Circuit City's both for $30 as good as it gets or have you all beat it somewhere? Thanks.

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

As far as I can tell, Circuit City has the best deal on this. Best Buy is $5 more.

3. David James

David James Stunt Coordinator

Target has both them for $15.99 each which, for me, is good enough as I'll eat the difference in gas going to CC.

4. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Someone must have underestimated the popularity of this DVD. I went to 4 stores today and didn't find a copy anywehere.

5. Todd Schnell

Todd Schnell Second Unit

Marty you said it! I figured it would be no problem picking this up on release day at a good price. I went to 2 Circuit City stores, Best Buy, Target, & Wal-Mart. No luck.
    This DVD was a quadruple platinum pre-order. You would think that would have been a clue to stock up. Go figure.
    I got a rain check from Target for the $15.99 sale price. Hope they get more soon.

Todd

6. Wayne W

Wayne W Stunt Coordinator

I grabbed one of the two copies left at the first Target I went to. It was placed in an odd spot as well. It wasn't even with the other DVDs and it took some searching to find it.

7. Duncan Reno

Duncan Reno Agent

For those of you still hunting for it. The CC in WPB FL just received a shipment today. They received about 20 of both the dvd and cd. They had just brought out the box and I had to wait for them to apply the price tags. Maybe other CC's will receive more today as well.

8. CarmenC

CarmenC Auditioning

DVD and CD 14.98 ea. at my local (NH) WalMart until 6/3.

9. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

My Target didn't have any DVDs left. They were placed in front of one of the CD aisles along with other CDs. There were two copies of the CD left though.

~T

10. Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic Supporting Actor

I saw it in the FYE store in the mall today. DVD is $20 with a $5 rebate (so $15 net price). CD was $18 after rebate. Don't know how long the rebate offer lasts... today may be last day. fye.com does not mention rebates.
    They had several other new release dvds that were $14.99 after $5 rebate.

11. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I got a raincheck from Target and Best Buy. The clerk at Target wasn't sure they would be restocking this. Best Buy has a system where you get an email reminder when copies arrive.

I am hoping the new shipment arrives soon. My soon is really bugging about this.

12. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Those are nice prices for both the CD and DVD in the states. With Canadian exchange rates that's just over $20 CDN for each (Circuit City $15 prices). Over on this side of the border, we are getting screwed over with prices for the DVD and CD of $32.99 and $27.99 CDN respectively. WTF!? That just plain sucks. [​IMG]

13. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    I saw the Zep DVD for 14.99 after Mail In Rebate at FYE this weekend... I hate MIRs, so I passed. Just FYI[​IMG]

14. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    My local Target and Best Buy were both sold out over the weekend. Costco had plenty of copies for $17.99 (DVD) and $18.99 (CD).