What's new

Leave It To Beaver coming in 2005!!! (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Well, Greg, that high-rez photo above is so crisp-looking, maybe you can copy that and paste the "circle" onto the actual Lunch Box. (At least it'd fill up the wasted space on the Lunch Box front. Of course, then you'd have two "Limited Edition" notations on the same Box. And you'd have to paste it on twice...front and back sides, which I assume are identical.) :)

That's what we get for being anal I guess. ~sigh~ :D

That blow-up I posted above is from Barnes-&-Noble's website, btw.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
~~ fastidious mode back on ~~

Another negative to the LITB packaging is the lack of any kind of "Complete First Season" or "Season 1" text on the spine of the box (or Lunch Box). That's not a good idea, esp. when several more seasons are added to the collection on the DVD shelf, with all spines facing outward. If they all just say "LITB", with no seasonal notations, that's gonna make me go "ape" (as The Beav might term it). :frowning:

Hopefully, at least a little "1" will be included on the spine to denote the season #.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Good enough for me, dude! :emoji_thumbsup:

Except, of course, that I'll have to wait until you get your copy...which will probably be right about when I get mine! Unless, you'll be getting an advance copy...which is what I was looking for--some way to live vicariously until I get the Cleaver household in my own hands. :D

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
No advance copy for me (unfortunately). But I have my fingers crossed that Amazon will ship mine well before release date (which they have not been doing at all lately). And the Turkey Day holiday next Thursday will reduce the number of mail-delivery days just after the LITB release. :frowning:

I wonder how many B&Ms will be carrying either of the Beaver sets (let alone both the Standard AND Lunch Box varieties)? I've noticed that sometimes "old-time TV" shows don't get stocked at some of my local outlets.

If the mainstream stores don't stock "The Beav", I have half a mind to give Theodore's lawyer (George Compton) a call, and have him file a lawsuit against those stores for "Failure to satisfy the country's needs (and God-given right) for good old-fashioned Beaver-like quality programming". (That's currently Statute #349-D-6 on our local books here in Indiana. :))

You might remember George Compton -- he's the crackerjack barrister who charged 'The Beaver' 46 cents for handling his case in the episode "Beaver The Model". George will see to it that The Beav's DVDs are distributed fairly, I'll tell ya that right now. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks