What's new

Directors LEAD Characters - The Movie Characters Tournament (1 Viewer)

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Austin Powers - I love TKAM, and Peck gives a wonderful performance, and Atticus Finch has some good speeches... but he's just not a very interesting character to me.

Barry Egan - yeah, the movies need more wise-cracking cops who don't play by the rules :rolleyes

Barton Fink - easy as pie

Beavis - great matchup!

Benjamin Braddock

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Barry Egan (Punch Drunk Love) Adam Sandler
Berger (Hair) Treat Williams (I LOVE Berger and will not let him be swept. His dining room tabletop number is an unforgettable moment of defiance and exuberance, and his ultimate fate so poignant.)

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
I agree that we don't need any more Little Nicky/Billy Madison/Happy Gilmore movies, but Barry Egan is not at all the typical Adam Sandler character.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I will not, cannot sit idly by while people insult Happy Gilmore.

Happy Gilmore rules.

Billy Madison ain't half bad either.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Uh, Vicki, Axel's Quote is from 48 Hrs, not Beverly Hills Cop....
Oops, I fell victim to the "PC bug" when I saw that the original quote I used contained the n-word. Use it? Not use it? I decided not to use it and get another one. From, uh, the wrong movie. Brain freeze.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Barry Egan is NOT typical Adam Sandler. It's a great character, and the movie is offbeat, sweet and romantic. I would have eaten razor blades before going to see an Adam Sandler movie until Punch-Drunk Love, but I couldn't stay away from a Paul Thomas Anderson film. I was shocked at how much I loved it.

This is a synopsis of why the movie failed at the box office: your average Adam Sandler fan didn't go to see it because it was an arty quirky love story, and your average Adam Sandler hater didn't go to see it because they thought it was an Adam Sandler film. Both sides missed out on a wonderful, lovely movie.

If anything, I hate Adam Sandler even more now because he followed it up with 8 Crazy Nights, and the looks-to-be-horrifically-horrible Anger Management.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks