What's new

Directors LEAD Characters - The Movie Characters Tournament (1 Viewer)

JenB

Screenwriter
Agent J/James Edwards (Men In Black series) Will Smith
Alabama Worley (True Romance) Patricia Arquette

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Ace Ventura (Ace Ventura series) Jim Carrey
abstain
Alex DeLarge (A Clockwork Orange) Malcolm McDowell
Alison Parker (The Sentinel) Cristina Raines
abstain

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Ace Ventura and Agent J are tied at 8 votes each. I can't break the tie because I haven't seen Ace Ventura.

Albama Worley and Alan Shepard are tied at 5 each, and I haven't seen True Romance.

Alonzo Harris and Alvin Straight were tied at 5 each, so I'll cast my vote for Alvin.

Alex DeLarge (A Clockwork Orange) Malcolm McDowell wins 8-3
Allegra Gellar (eXistenZ) Jennifer Jason Leigh wins 4-1
Alvin Straight (The Straight Story) Richard Farnsworth wins 6-5

==============================================

VOTES needed to break tie. Do not vote again if you've already voted.

Ace Ventura (Ace Ventura series) Jim Carrey
"Captain's Log, stardate 29.6, rounded off to the ....nearest decimal point. We've...traveled back in time to save an ancient species from....total annihilation. SO FAR...no...signs of aquatic life anywhere, but I'm going to find it. If I have to tear this universe another black hole, I'm going to find it. I've.....GOT TO, MISTER!!!"

or

Agent J/James Edwards (Men In Black series) Will Smith
"I make this look good"

===

Alabama Worley (True Romance) Patricia Arquette
"Clarance tells me you're his best friend so I guess that means you're my best friend too!"

or

Alan Shepard (The Right Stuff) Scott Glenn
"Dear Lord, please don't let me fuck up."

==============================================

Next brackets:

Alyssa Jones (Chasing Amy) Joey Lauren Adams
"You know, I didn't just heed what I was taught, men and women should be together, it's the natural way, that kind of thing. I'm not with you because of what family, society, life tried to instill in me from day one. The way the world is, how seldom it is that you meet that one person who just *gets* you--it's so rare. My parents didn't really have it. There were no examples set for me in the world of male-female relationships. And to cut oneself off from finding that person, to immediately halve your options by eliminating the possibility of finding that one person within your own gender, that just seemed stupid to me. So I didn't. But then you came along. You, the one least likely. I mean, you were a guy. And while I was falling for you I put a ceiling on that, because you *were* a guy. Until I remembered why I opened the door to women in the first place: to not limit the likelihood of finding that one person who'd complement me so completely. So here we are. I was thorough when I looked for you. And I feel justified lying in your arms, 'cause I got here on my own terms, and I have no question there was some place I didn't look. And for me that makes all the difference."

or

Amelie (Amelie) Audrey Tautou
"I like to look for things no one else catches. I hate the way nobody ever looks at the road in old movies!"

Amsterdam Vallon (Gangs of New York) Leonardo DiCaprio
"Lord, place the steel of the Holy Spirit in my spine and the love of the Virgin Mary in my heart."

or

Andre (My Dinner with Andre) Andre Gregory
No quote available, but this from Roger Ebert's reveiw of the film: "Near the end of the film, he launches into an impassioned defense of the scientific method. While superstition might have seemed reasonable in ignorant centuries, he argues, he is no longer prepared to believe that a fortune cookie contains his fortune, or that ``omens'' have anything at all to do with whether an airplane will successfully complete its flight."

Andrew Wyke(Sleuth)Laurence Olivier
"Wit in the face of adversity! Good! You've learned something from the English."

or

Andy Dufresne(Shawshank Redemption, The)Tim Robbins
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

Annie Savoy(Bull Durham)Susan Sarandon
"What a season...the Durham Bulls can't lose and I can't get laid."

or

Antonio Salieri(Amadeus)F. Murray Abraham
"From now on we are enemies, you and I. Because you choose for your instrument a boastful, lustful, smutty, infantile boy and give me only the ability to recognize the incarnation. Because you are unjust, unfair, unkind I will block you, I swear it. I will hinder and harm your creature on Earth as far as I am able. I will ruin your incarnation."

Aragorn (Lord of the Rings, The series)Viggo Mortensen
"They were once men - great kings of men. Then Sauron the deceiver gave to them nine rings of power. Blinded by their greed, they took them without question. One by one they've fallen into darkness. Now they are slaves to his will. They are the Nazgul, Ringwraiths, neither living nor dead. At all times they feel the presence of the Ring, drawn to the power of the One. They will never stop hunting you."

or

Ash(Evil Dead series)Bruce Campbell
"Shop smart, shop S Mart!!!"

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Yep, you're right Ric, I missed Jen's vote. :b Sorry! I did get her vote on Agent J, so they are still tied.

Alabama Worley (True Romance) Patricia Arquette wins 6-5

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Amelie (Amelie) Audrey Tautou
Andy Dufresne (Shawshank Redemption, The) Tim Robbins
Annie Savoy (Bull Durham) Susan Sarandon
Aragorn (Lord of the Rings, The series) Viggo Mortensen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks