What's new

LCD vs Projector (1 Viewer)

mikey ra

Stunt Coordinator
Just a question as to what the folks on here would prefer:

If money was no object, would you go with a large LCD screen (1080p) or a projector (1080p) for the ideal HT set-up? Which gives the best picture quality?

Just curious.

Brian Osborne

Stunt Coordinator
It's whatever makes you happy. for me it was FP for the true theater experience at home.
Money being no option, I'd have a CRT projector and a much larger room...

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
Projector!

I don't think anything else would do my theater justice. (see link below)

David

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Agree totally with everyone below. A true theatrical experience requires a big screen, and even the largest flat panel will not accommodate that scale. As Ron said everything else is just TV. All that aside what works best depends on your room and viewing habits. If you have little or no light control, or loathe the idea of sitting in a dark room, then a flat panel may be more appropriate for you. Likewise if you want to entertain with the lights on. But if you can go dark then go projection. Prices are plummeting at an incredibly fast rate so it is a reasonable goal. Hell, the new Sony SXRD "Ruby" is US$9,999, which is astonishing considering last year's model was $30K. And it's bettered in every respect.

This is a great discussion but I think more appropriate for the display devices area, unless it deviates back to how you're going to install the whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread